British Speedway Forum
Supersub

2019 Championship Improvers

11 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Wel that's the point when changing points totals as it skews the comparison for following years. Sometimes they ignore it because the difference has been  42, 42.5 and 43, and 45 I think, and the difference has been regarded as minimal. It was similar the the FTR in the then Elite leagues when riders like Kyle Newman and Adam Ellis were riding more against fellow FTR's and all of them got inflated averages for the following season. It's to be hoped that there will be a conversion ratio to make it a level playing field for following years, when it's probably  42ish which would be reinstated to maintain the standard of the league.

I've been banging on for year's saying make the limit 42 in all 3 leagues  and set it for 2/3 seasons. Everyone knows where they are at the begining and end of season and can build accordingly straight away. Will never happen though too simple. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2019 at 9:00 AM, gazzac said:

I've been banging on for year's saying make the limit 42 in all 3 leagues  and set it for 2/3 seasons. Everyone knows where they are at the begining and end of season and can build accordingly straight away. Will never happen though too simple. 

I agree with your philosophy. This reduction this year is a deliberate attempt to lower the level of the Championship and get a bigger gap between the 2 top leagues. These are unusual times, and there might only be a small reduction, or none at all, next year if the overall objective is achieved.  

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

I agree with your philosophy. This reduction this year is a deliberate attempt to lower the level of the Championship and get a bigger gap between the 2 top leagues. These are unusual times, and there night only be a small reduction, or none at all, if the overall objective is achieved.  

A'd love to know who comes up with these ideas Dave ;)

On 1/18/2019 at 8:23 PM, Tsunami said:

I agree with your philosophy. This reduction this year is a deliberate attempt to lower the level of the Championship and get a bigger gap between the 2 top leagues. These are unusual times, and there might only be a small reduction, or none at all, next year if the overall objective is achieved.  

Yet maintaining at the very least the same entrance fees.... what an own goal.

And it was also stated it was done to reduce doubling up which hasn't happened at all, and neither did it need to with the change of race nights.

14 hours ago, Najjer said:

Yet maintaining at the very least the same entrance fees.... what an own goal.

And it was also stated it was done to reduce doubling up which hasn't happened at all, and neither did it need to with the change of race nights.

Everything seems to be seen as an own goal to you at the moment. Out of the picture are we.  :approve:

Is there a reason why Jaimon Lidsey is not in our league? Surely, he is one Aussie that should have been snapped up probably making a 7 average look easy.

25 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Is there a reason why Jaimon Lidsey is not in our league? Surely, he is one Aussie that should have been snapped up probably making a 7 average look easy.

Might be because he is in the Polish squads of Leszno ( extraliga) and Rawicz ( league 2)

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:58 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I hope the new 2 pointers grab their chance and make great strides led by Kemp Bickley and Flint

I'm really looking forward to this season. To have so many NL riders join the Championship league. Good luck to them all., Only one thing would have pleased me more and that was to have in every team 6 & 7 National league riders to even it out.

• Like 4

I think standout will be Tom Brennan and Drew Kemp, can't split those pair on evidence of 2018 as Kemp had benefit of being reserve for 3 months, Brennan heat leader all season. Kemp did well in few matches for Ipswich in CL and Brennan is a few rides at Swindon in PL. Looking at their NL battles very evenly matched.

Saw a lot of Leon Flint last year, think he is a half season / season (experience) behind Kemp and Brennan but may be as good if not better prospect in long term and will get benefit of riding tracks he knows more in CL than NL. 

I don't think Bickley is on same page as Brennan or Kemp and results tend to prove it, loss of Workington can't do him any good and he seemed to struggle compared to Wajknecht and Brennan on trip to Australia.

Henry Atkins will surprise a few a slow burner who is improving rapidly and others who may show notable improvement would be Jordan Stewart; Jack Smith (now focusing on one League) and Alfie Bowtell.

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and go with the surprising choice of Jenga. I'm hoping I'm right and they improve enough to actually post something half decent for a change. Prove me right Jenga!

As for riders, I think Jake Allen could be one of the leagues top riders by the end of the year!

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1