British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

George Mudgway, Bradford, 1947

George Mudgway was a New Zealander who was with Bradford in 1947. In New Zealand he was a leading performer in grass track and speedway. He had an impressive reputation in his homeland in a career that dated back to the mid-1930s. I think that he came from Auckland. I would be interested in more background regarding his New Zealand racing career. Mudgway only had the one season in Britain.

23 hours ago, gustix said:

George Mudgway was a New Zealander who was with Bradford in 1947. In New Zealand he was a leading performer in grass track and speedway. He had an impressive reputation in his homeland in a career that dated back to the mid-1930s. I think that he came from Auckland. I would be interested in more background regarding his New Zealand racing career. Mudgway only had the one season in Britain.

Jade Mudgway is from NZ and rode here a few years back, he now lives in the north and will be Redcar team manager in the coming season, could be linked?

On 1/16/2019 at 6:51 PM, gustix said:

This might be of use to you  http://bobandrewsspeedway.tripod.com/georgemudgwaycontents.htm 

Forwarded message sent by Bob Andrews === George Mudgway rode at Western Springs as his home Track, his brother Bill Mudgway was the Speedway announcer for years and was the Voice Of Speedway, George was also a very good Golfer, and When I first went to N.Z. George was the Referee at The "Springs" he was a N.Z. Maori, and this was the "Gimmick" that Johnnie Hoskins wanted at Bradford where George rode, I don't think there is a family connection with Jade Mudgway.