British Speedway Forum

The oldest active rider

Who was the oldest active rider ever? A candidate must be Harlan Bast Senior who, so far as I can trace, was still active in California past 80 years a couple of years ago. It would be interesting - at  least to me! - to see more candidates named.

https://www.speedwaybikes.com/rw/uharla_b.htm

Seem to recall hearing recently about an ice racer aged 93. Think it may have been mentioned by the speedway commentator on freesports. Sorry I have no more information other than this vague recollection.

Remember seeing this and thinking what an amazing guy he is to control a bike on ice,which I imagine to be no easy task with those ruts!!!

Makes Greg Hancock  youngster ,who I suspect is in reality the oldest active rider in the true sense of the word and still very much at the top of the tree !

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 10:58 AM, iris123 said:

Remember seeing this and thinking what an amazing guy he is to control a bike on ice,which I imagine to be no easy task with those ruts!!!

What a pity that the older (?) Duke of Edinburgh cannot do so well on the roads.

Edited by waytogo28
correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2