British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Visa criteria

Saw a tweet from Josh MacDonald quoted on the BSPA site that he intends to still travel to Britain , pick up his visa and look for opportunities through the summer

Is this actually possible??

Given his sponsoring employer is not trading I assumed his visa would be invalid

If it is still valid and issued then I understood the sponsor had to provide accomodation and a regular income (something like a min £150 per week) I cant imagine this would be the case in the circumstances

Anyone able to clarity the realities of the situation

He has some sort of British ansestory and come in on a different tier type visa 

Edited by mac101
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Saw a tweet from Josh MacDonald quoted on the BSPA site that he intends to still travel to Britain , pick up his visa and look for opportunities through the summer

Given his sponsoring employer is not trading I assumed his visa would be invalid

If it is still valid and issued then I understood the sponsor had to provide accomodation and a regular income (something like a min £150 per week) I cant imagine this would be the case in the circumstances

I can't believe you've put this in the wider public domain

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

Excuse me - it was on the main BSPA website twitter link and still is!! It is therefore very much already in the public domain. I'm not even on twitter so would not even have been aware unless it was on the sports official national website

SpeedwayGB Retweeted

Devastating news about Workington speedway shutting down this year, sadly it’s left me without a spot for 2019, after some thinking and talking to a few close friends, I’ve decided to still fly over and collect my visa and spend some part of the season hoping for a opportunity.

•  
  •  
Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, mac101 said:

He has some sort of British ansestory and come in on a different tier type visa 

Thank you Mac - that would make perfect sense. 

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Excuse me - it was on the main BSPA website twitter link and still is!! It is therefore very much already in the public domain. I'm not even on twitter so would not even have been aware unless it was on the sports official national website

SpeedwayGB Retweeted

Devastating news about Workington speedway shutting down this year, sadly it’s left me without a spot for 2019, after some thinking and talking to a few close friends, I’ve decided to still fly over and collect my visa and spend some part of the season hoping for a opportunity.

•  
  •  

Forgiven then, apologies

• Thanks 1

Would make a good asset to any club seen him ride at Sheffield and worth a punt on a 4 point ave and I think he would have done that easily  this year will get snapped up when changes are made 

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

just because his sponsoring emplyer are not coming to the tapes this season doesnt mean they are not trading,

The compnay hasnt gone broke and is still actively trading as far as im aware or can tell

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2019 at 8:31 PM, Byker Biker said:

Why shouldnt it be in the public domain ?.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:31 PM, Byker Biker said:

Who the heck do you think you are ?? The public domain police ???

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 9:11 PM, mac101 said:

Would make a good asset to any club seen him ride at Sheffield and worth a punt on a 4 point ave and I think he would have done that easily  this year will get snapped up when changes are made 

Could very likely end up at Brum 

34 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Could very likely end up at Brum 

You  could give the present team a chance first?

On 1/17/2019 at 7:49 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I thought the same at the time. There has to be a sponsor who makes a lot of guarantees.

18 hours ago, *JJ said:

You  could give the present team a chance first?

I will of course but i was more thinking about adding to the asset base and that all our riders are around his average so any loss of form our injury he could be in . 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:50 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

SpeedwayGB Retweeted

•  
  •  

don't worry about it 

maybe Newcastle are interested and wanted it kept quiet

• Like 1