British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Visa criteria

On 1/17/2019 at 8:22 PM, mac101 said:

He has some sort of British ansestory and come in on a different tier type visa 

Where do you get that information from?    I'm afraid I don't think he has.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:29 PM, Uluru said:

Where do you get that information from?    I'm afraid I don't think he has.

Josh does have British Ancestory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scaramanga said:

why does he need a visa then 

It would be a different type

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It would be a different type

Our neighbour in Newcastle has just had her Aussie Nephew across and he has had a 12 month visit on a none working visa. His mum is a Brit but he was born in Oz and is an Aussie Citizen yet he still needed a visa and I think the neighbour had to vouch for him  as well (may be wrong) but he used her address as his temp/perm UK address. The criteria was he couldn't take paid employment! Not sure if Josh is coming over on something like this and he could still mechanic and ride as long as there is no official payments. (Which sounds about right for Speedway)

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Our neighbour in Newcastle has just had her Aussie Nephew across and he has had a 12 month visit on a none working visa. His mum is a Brit but he was born in Oz and is an Aussie Citizen yet he still needed a visa and I think the neighbour had to vouch for him  as well (may be wrong) but he used her address as his temp/perm UK address. The criteria was he couldn't take paid employment! Not sure if Josh is coming over on something like this and he could still mechanic and ride as long as there is no official payments. (Which sounds about right for Speedway)

Regards
THJ

Yes but i would have thought his original Visa would have been issued for employment specifically for Workington, that sponsor no longer exists he runs the risk of being refused entry if he does not change his visa to a Tourist/None working visa..

9 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

Yes but i would have thought his original Visa would have been issued for employment specifically for Workington, that sponsor no longer exists he runs the risk of being refused entry if he does not change his visa to a Tourist/None working visa..

Yep don't disagree in fact I would say you are correct. I am only guessing but I would assume that it's the working visa that needs a sponsor which makes sense. So he can still get over it's just that officially he won't be allowed to work. Holiday/non working visas are not that hard to obtain. However the whole idea was for Josh to race and to earn a living until the unfortunate demise of Worky...

Regards

THJ 

wasnt there a certain aussie who came over on a holiday visa and rode a few meetings for workington , or was it just one ?

Have not read the thread, but why can't Holder ride here..A former world champ. What has he done wrong ??

21 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Have not read the thread, but why can't Holder ride here..A former world champ. What has he done wrong ??

As far as I'm aware he could, but nobody seemed to want him. therefore no sponsor no visa. He'll be okay to ride in europe though where visa restrictions aren't as strict.

last year I think his problems were more of a personal nature involving access to his son, rather than purely a work visa issue.

Can't believe the problems You have with the visas for Your British Commonwealth Australian brothers. Yet, here doesn't seem to be such problems if an Aussie comes over to base himself and ride in Poland or Sweden or anywhere else in the EU! Why???

How is this Problem solved in other professional sports in the UK, like in football, rugby or cricket? Do they have the same visa problems as speedway has?  

16 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Can't believe the problems You have with the visas for Your British Commonwealth Australian brothers. Yet, here doesn't seem to be such problems if an Aussie comes over to base himself and ride in Poland or Sweden or anywhere else in the EU! Why???

How is this Problem solved in other professional sports in the UK, like in football, rugby or cricket? Do they have the same visa problems as speedway has?  

A fair question.   As the EU is supposed to be a free market for labour, the UK restrictions brought in six or seven years back by a new-broom Home Secretary (a certain Mrs T May) are clearly different to those for the rest of the EU, and probably illegal in EU law.

As for other sports, I question how it is that British ice hockey teams are almost entirely staffed by Canadian players, without any apparent problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

A fair question.   As the EU is supposed to be a free market for labour, the UK restrictions brought in six or seven years back by a new-broom Home Secretary (a certain Mrs T May) are clearly different to those for the rest of the EU, and probably illegal in EU law.

We opted out of the Schengen agreement, hence why this is not illegal in the UK

Edited by tyke

5 hours ago, Bavarian said:

They can base themselves in UK but they can't earn money by working in the UK. If they earn it abroad (i.e. the EU) and spend it here that's fine. As for other sports there are qualifying criteria for those as well as speedway. You don't find many non-EU footballers in the the lower leagues, only (mainly) in the top two divisions. Lower down they are not deemed good enough.