British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Visa criteria

17 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Football clubs don't seem to have problems signing sixteen year olds from abroad.

I'd be interested if you could site an example of a non-eu 16 yo citizen to a UK professional football contract to back up your claim

Edited by tyke

On 1/17/2019 at 7:49 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Saw a tweet from Josh MacDonald quoted on the BSPA site that he intends to still travel to Britain , pick up his visa and look for opportunities through the summer

Is this actually possible??

Given his sponsoring employer is not trading I assumed his visa would be invalid

If it is still valid and issued then I understood the sponsor had to provide accomodation and a regular income (something like a min £150 per week) I cant imagine this would be the case in the circumstances

Anyone able to clarity the realities of the situation

According to this week's Star (07 feb) josh has a british grandmother. Therefore he is entitled to an Ancestory Visa which is valid for five years. All he has to do is come over and collect it. Presumably it enables him to do just about any job he wants (?) and as such he doesn't need a work sponsor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1