British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

Fixtures

Didn’t Jason pipe state that the NL Fixtures would be released on 9th January? Have they 

Top leagues have not revealed their fixtures yet...can't have NL stealing a march.

In truth, all 3 leagues should come out on the same day.

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Top leagues have not revealed their fixtures yet...can't have NL stealing a march.

In truth, all 3 leagues should come out on the same day.

Hope Speedway G.B. have a new person & new system to compile the fixtures, in the last few seasons that have been shambolic!  

21 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Hope Speedway G.B. have a new person & new system to compile the fixtures, in the last few seasons that have been shambolic!  

Think Eastie have loaned them the interval draw machine and a monkey to turn the handle. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

I think with the way riders ride all over Europe, and domestically for several teams in different leagues, the process they follow is this....

1. The Premiership build their fixtures based on the rest of Europe's fixtures..

2. As soon as this is confirmed the Championship build their fixtures based on when their DU riders are not riding in the Premiership...

3. The NL then build their fixtures based on what dates are left.......

But for all the fixtures after April I am not sure what system they use!....

Rock, Paper, Scissors would work..

;):D

Edited by mikebv

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I think with the way riders ride all over Europe, and domestically for several teams in different leagues, the process they follow is this....

1. The Premiership build their fixtures based on the rest of Europe's fixtures..

2. As soon as this is confirmed the Championship build their fixtures based on when their DU riders are not riding in the Premiership...

3. The NL then build their fixtures based on what dates are left.......

But for all the fixtures after April I am not sure what system they use!....

Rock, Paper, Scissors would work..

;):D

So much for fixed nights on the top two tiers then.

In fairness to the NL there are stadium availability and potential grouping of matches by location to be considered BUT every team knows the risks of fixture clashes when signing double uppers and there is a guest system in place to cover this so im not really sure why there should be such a delay on the fixtures (at any level) being issued.

I would much rather they delay the fixtures to ensure for example we get Belle Vue away on Friday and the following night stoke, and say Leicester on the Sunday.

Thats what the fixtures have lacked in previous seasons, a bit of sense.

Club's could have Warriors on a Thursday and gladiators on a Friday.

We keep hearing about costs, well northern tour type fixtures would certainly save making 3 trips up north and for me far easier to organise as a fan.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I would much rather they delay the fixtures to ensure for example we get Belle Vue away on Friday and the following night stoke, and say Leicester on the Sunday.

Thats what the fixtures have lacked in previous seasons, a bit of sense.

Club's could have Warriors on a Thursday and gladiators on a Friday.

We keep hearing about costs, well northern tour type fixtures would certainly save making 3 trips up north and for me far easier to organise as a fan.

That’s common sense but it’s speedway we are talking about 

• Like 1

Why mess with the winning formula of nothing all summer then double headers all throughout  late September and October. ...

• Haha 2

Oops forgot about Leicester running on the days/nights that Leicester are not running. Its straight forward really Leicester say when they can run, then Leicester get told when the will run, so that Leicester can say when they can run before Leicester finally get told when they will run.

They need to get this right this season after the abomination of last years cock ups..Mess up again and I can see thousands more fans disappearing out of the gates !,!!

21 hours ago, waco said:

They need to get this right this season after the abomination of last years cock ups..Mess up again and I can see thousands more fans disappearing out of the gates !,!!

You have to get them in through the gates first for them to disappear out