British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GregoryM

BELLE VUE 2019 CAR PARKING

Can a fellow Belle Vue fan help with this genuine question please?

I’ve never had a Season Car Park Permit before and was considering applying for one, but looking at the information released on Season Ticket and Car Park charges it would seem to be more expensive than paying fixture by fixture.

The Season Ticket information states there is going to be at least 22 Belle Vue fixtures (Aces & Colts) in 2019, and that to pay for car parking by paying on the night it will be £3 per fixture. 22 x £3 = £66.

A Season Car Park Permit, however, costs £90 !! And it doesn’t even cover BSPA / FIM fixtures.

Perhaps, though, like the actual Season Ticket there are additional benefits added to the Season Car Park Permit than just parking your car?

If there aren't any further benefits, are there really going to 30 Belle Vue fixtures – an additional 8 to the ‘guaranteed’ fixtures – to cover the additional £24 you pay for the Season Permit? If both Aces & Colts progress through to the Play-Off Finals surely that won’t add an additional 8 fixtures? And, if there are no further fixtures added, then you’ve paid £24 more for parking than you need have done.

I have made enquiries of Belle Vue but have not, as yet, received a reply – so I was wondering if a Belle Vue supporter who has previously had a Season Car Park permit  might be able to shed some light?

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

Can a fellow Belle Vue fan help with this genuine question please?

I’ve never had a Season Car Park Permit before and was considering applying for one, but looking at the information released on Season Ticket and Car Park charges it would seem to be more expensive than paying fixture by fixture.

The Season Ticket information states there is going to be at least 22 Belle Vue fixtures (Aces & Colts) in 2019, and that to pay for car parking by paying on the night it will be £3 per fixture. 22 x £3 = £66.

A Season Car Park Permit, however, costs £90 !! And it doesn’t even cover BSPA / FIM fixtures.

Perhaps, though, like the actual Season Ticket there are additional benefits added to the Season Car Park Permit than just parking your car?

If there aren't any further benefits, are there really going to 30 Belle Vue fixtures – an additional 8 to the ‘guaranteed’ fixtures – to cover the additional £24 you pay for the Season Permit? If both Aces & Colts progress through to the Play-Off Finals surely that won’t add an additional 8 fixtures? And, if there are no further fixtures added, then you’ve paid £24 more for parking than you need have done.

I have made enquiries of Belle Vue but have not, as yet, received a reply – so I was wondering if a Belle Vue supporter who has previously had a Season Car Park permit  might be able to shed some light?

Thank you.

you do get the plays offs aces/colts extra ko matches SON / british final world under 21 finals this year  & peter craven and anymore additional fixtures they never charge you extra for these meetings but it guarantees your parking space which saves hassle trying to find somewhere safe to park around b/vue a permit is well worth it !! 

Edited by geoff58

Thanks for the info geoff.

I've never had any difficulty paying the £3 at the gate on the night and getting a car park space, but I suppose if you are running late it does add reassurance there will be a space waiting for you. And I take your point about the safety aspect.

I can see too that you could get five 'extra' fixtures  with the PCMT & the possibility of two play-off matches each for both the Aces and Colts - for but I was surprised, though, you say  If it includes such as the British Final / SON / World U-21. These surely must be either BSPA or FIM events, and it does say on the Belle Vue website that these are not included.

I usually get there quite early so will continue to pay week-by-week, but appreciate others will be happy with the reassurance it brings. 

On 1/21/2019 at 8:32 PM, GregoryM said:

Thanks for the info geoff.

I've never had any difficulty paying the £3 at the gate on the night and getting a car park space, but I suppose if you are running late it does add reassurance there will be a space waiting for you. And I take your point about the safety aspect.

I can see too that you could get five 'extra' fixtures  with the PCMT & the possibility of two play-off matches each for both the Aces and Colts - for but I was surprised, though, you say  If it includes such as the British Final / SON / World U-21. These surely must be either BSPA or FIM events, and it does say on the Belle Vue website that these are not included.

I usually get there quite early so will continue to pay week-by-week, but appreciate others will be happy with the reassurance it brings. 

Last time I bought a £90 pass was in 2016.

Used the Pink Bank Lane car park. Saw no priority being given to pass holders then.

Since then just turned up but tend to arrive early so not had any problems.  On the other hand when it has been a 'big' match I saw no sign of any priority being given to pass holders.  In fact on the odd occasion we arrived a bit later were told to use disabled places.

Always assumed that we had just been lucky in getting there with plenty of time.

Maybe worth asking the club if you get any benefit for your 90 quid.  (If you do then my apologies for appearing negative).

Incidentally no criticism of the car park staff intended. Always found them a pleasant bunch.