British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Beat the bookie GP prize competition 2019

I`m excited !! R & R bookmakers are funding the competition for a 7th year- and the best Speedway bookmaker in the UK has made the competition better for the punters(i know my generosity is unequalled !!) In 2019 we have the introduction of the SPREAD STRETCHER- more of that later.

RULES

Each contestant MUST place bets in all 10 rounds -in the event of having no money left they are out of the competition
Each player starts with £400. MAXIMUM BET PER GP IS £200.minimum bet per GP is £20(or total balance if less than £20) minimum bet per rider is £10.

All bets can be edited up to the advertised starting time of the meeting.
If a rider is injured before a round starts then the bet is voided on that rider, or bets can be amended up to the meeting start time.
If a rider starts a meeting but is injured and cannot continue THE BET STANDS but any points scored by the reserves count towards the injured riders score. If any rider is excluded for a starting offence the reserve points scored do not get added.
To ensure fair play bets for the final round may be required to be PM`d to me instead of normal posting.

If a meeting is called off at heat 16 then the spread will be adjusted to 4/5th`s of the original. If a meeting is called off at or after 20 heats the spreads stand.

HOW TO PLAY
One must bet on a rider to score MORE OR LESS than the spread-the HIGHER figure is taken for MORE bets and the LOWER for LESS bets-the mid between the two is what I expect them to score-and they add up to 138 which is the total points available in a GP

EXAMPLE

These might be 3 of the spreads for the 1st GP of the season

Woffinden  10 - 12

.Hancock   7 - 9

Kolodziej   5 - 7

Player 1 might think Woffinden  will score more than 12 in Warsaw  so bets £100 MORE. If Woffinden  scored 15 he would win (15-12 =3) X £100 which is £300. If he only scored 8 he would LOSE (12-8=4) X £100 which is £400 and be out of the competition.

Player 2 might think Hancock will score less than 7 and bets £200 LESS Hancock  scored 5 so wins (7-5=2) X £200 which is £400. If he scored 11 he would LOSE (11-7=4) X £200 which is £800 and he would be out of the competition.

Player 3 might think Kolodziej  will have a stormer and bet £200 MORE than 7 . if he scored 9 he would win (9-7=2) X £200 which is £400. however if Kolodziej scored the mid-spread of 6 he would LOSE (7-6=1 x £200 which is £200

SPREAD STRETCHER   The other major bookmakers are so predictable offering " bet boosters" "make your own bet" etc etc  that i have gone one better and am offering the unique SPREAD STRETCHER.

Every contestant has 2 opportunities (separate GP`s) to use their SPREAD STRETCHER in the 10 GP`S(if left in competition!!)

The SPREAD STRETCHER is used on a bet on 1 rider - up to the maximum of £200 bet per round (ie £200 on the 1 rider or maybe £100 as the SPREAD STRETCHER  with up to £100 on other riders)

If the SPREAD STRETCHER bet is to score MORE i will adjust the spread on that rider bet by ONE WHOLE POINT ie Bet more on Woffinden at 10-12 the SPREAD STRETCHER turns it into 9-11 !!!!!

If betting LESS the adjustment goes the other way ie Woffinden less than 10-12 becomes 11-13

Obviously if you the Punter get it wrong it`s happy days !!!!

As you can tell i`m really excited about this  addition to the competition- and rest assured i will be keeping a note  of it`s use so that no one gets to use it 3 times(as if punters would try that !!!!)

Spread for the 1st GP of the season in Warsaw on May 18th  will be up nice and early once the early season form has been studied

• Like 1

Not sure if you punters are going to have a lot of sympathy for the poor old bookie- but yesterday`s announcement of qualifying times setting draw positions makes my job even harder. You can be assured however that i will leave no stone unturned  in ensuring it`s Bookies 1 punters 0 :)

I can't see the starting position pick having too much effect on GP results at the majority of tracks.

No one has provided any statistics to prove a certain starting number or numbers have an advantage.  If a rider gets Gate 1 in his first ride but doesn't drop the clutch then he'll get beat.

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

I can't see the starting position pick having too much effect on GP results at the majority of tracks.

No one has provided any statistics to prove a certain starting number or numbers have an advantage.  If a rider gets Gate 1 in his first ride but doesn't drop the clutch then he'll get beat.

As i say i don`t expect any sympathy but other bookmakers price up on the morning of the GP. I however being the no 1 Bookmaker betting on speedway always price up at least 7 days before them and unable to alter the spread once posted, i am therefore always sweating on riders getting injured and now no longer a random draw. I haven`t become No 1 by accident as i will prove once again  in 2019 ;) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

As i say i don`t expect any sympathy but other bookmakers price up on the morning of the GP. I however being the no 1 Bookmaker betting on speedway always price up at least 7 days before them and unable to alter the spread once posted, i am therefore always sweating on riders getting injured and now no longer a random draw. I haven`t become No 1 by accident as i will prove once again  in 2019 ;) 

modesty always was your biggest strength

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, maverick88 said:

Put me in please. 

Have no fear - you are in !! with the additional "bonus" i am giving this season i am hoping for a record entry !!

I am still pouring over the " form book " studying video after video, because i need to be at least one step ahead of the punter.

I expect to have the spread completed for posting next week - ideally i should wait until after qualifying like the lesser bookmakers before pricing up- however the no 1 Speedway bookmaker must lead, therefore the battle will commence from next week !!!!

Hi R&R I look forward to the challenge of breaking the bank this year, with my max bets on one rider in each round - only time will tell if I' am successful, or not. Hopefully my chosen riders will not let me down this year :D

Edited by Robbie B

30 minutes ago, Robbie B said:

Hi R&R I look forward to the challenge of breaking the bank this year, with my max bets on one rider in each round - only time will tell if I' am successful, or not. Hopefully my chosen riders will not let me down this year :D

With question marks over Magic, Doyle and  kolodziej(mystery illness) i might have to slightly delay the spread as i’m not sure i want to be on a hiding to nothing in the opening round !!!!

I await your odds with anticipation as I do think that there will be more than one rider pulling out a big surprise (whether good or bad) in the opening round.

I have never known a GP with so many injury doubts and substitutions, however i have to lead as the no 1 Speedway bookmaker so have finalised the spread. The phone wires have been red hot with me trying to get exclusive info on the injured riders- I believe both Magic and Doyley will give it a go however if there is one place you don`t want to ride if beat up it`s a GP.

Any new punters taking me on- please read the rules thoroughly and any that have played before- please read the rules thoroughly !!!!

Any bets on a rider not taking part can be changed by editing bet or if not edited  the bet on that rider is voided.

Spread for Warsaw GP Saturday May 18th  start time 6pm UK time

Woffinden  12 - 14

Zmarzlik  12 - 14

lindgren  10 - 12

Sayfutdinov  9 - 11

A laguta  8 - 10

Dudek  8 - 10

Madsen  8 - 10

Vaculik  8 - 10

Janowski  7 - 9  - WITHDRAWN

Doyle 7 - 9

NKI  7 - 9

Zagar 6 - 8

lindback 6 - 8

Kolodziej 6 - 8

Lambert 4 - 6

Smektala 4 - 6

With the value i`m giving lets make it a record entry.

Edited by racers and royals

Dudek 200 more using the spread stretcher please

Edited by Susans1
Change of selection

Janowski £200 less , use the spread stretcher please