British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Beat the bookie GP prize competition 2019

Another chance to compare my centre spread with BET 365  exact figure in their less/exact/more market(they are 20 heats only.)

Interestingly BET 365 have only 118 points instead of 120 - so there must be value in MORE

R/R                                 BET 365

Madsen                                                  13                                      11

Zmarzlik                                                 13                                      9

Sayfutdinov                                           12                                      11

Vaculik                                                   11                                      9

Janowski                                               11                                      8

Doyle                                                       9                                       8

Dudek                                                     9                                       8

Lindgren                                                 9                                      7

Laguta                                                    8                                      7

Woffinden                                              8                                      9

Smolinski                                              7                                       3

Zagar                                                     7                                       8

NKI                                                         7                                       5

Kolodziej                                               6                                       5

Lindback                                              4                                       4

Lambert                                               4                                       6

Edited by racers and royals

Ouch !!!!! i am really pi$$ed off- 4 correct mid spreads(Lambert,Laguta,Lindgren and Woffinden) but hardly any money for them !!! Zagar killed me, however i haven`t time to sulk as next Saturday we do it all again in Round 8

Leaderboard after round 7 Teterow

Robbie B £4400

Susans 1 £2650

Pepsi  £2250

Mark £2200

Panthers 89  £2125

Matt K  £2030

Psycho 3a  £1760

iand  £1690

Icescot  £1675

Grand Central  £1360

Skippy  £880

Teabody 279  £855

Hilly  £720   1 spread stretcher left

Col  £452     1 spread stretcher left

Round 8 Vojens Saturday September 7th start time 6pm UK time

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Hi Robbie well done last night your random picks seem to be working okay for you however I have not given up hope of catching you so watch out next Saturday susans1

• Like 1

Hi Susans 1 yes my lucky dip done well last and I will continue to use method for the remaining grand prixs that I' am in, it was a shame that my Euro Millions lucky dip was not as successful as this one.

I fully expect a fight until the end and I would not want it any other way. I think we punters had a great night last night as we did not lose anyone :D and R&R bookies had to cough up loads of money :drink:

Edited by Robbie B

Off on holiday now, for Vojen's. £200 more on Woffinden with spread stretcher.

We are at round 8 - i`m living on scraps at the moment but have a good feeling  that come 9pm on Saturday night i will be ordering the finest champagne !!!!!

Spread for Vojens GP Saturday September 7th start time 6pm UK time

Madsen  12 - 14

Zmarzlik  12 - 14

Sayfutdinov  11 - 13

Janowski  11 - 13

Vaculik 8 - 10

Lindgren 8 - 10

Woffinden 8 - 10

Doyle 7 - 9

Dudek 7 - 9

Laguta 7 - 9

NKI 7 - 9

Zagar  7 - 9

Michelsen 6 - 8

Lindback 5 - 7

Kolodziej 3 - 5

Lambert 3 - 5

I made my lucky dip draw last night and the result was

Kolodziej 3 - 5 £200 More

Again I must thank R&R for running this game and congratulate him on his excellent odds again for this round. I'm glad that I no longer ave to think about who to choose for each round, due my lucky picks.

Edited by Robbie B

4 hours ago, Robbie B said:

I made my lucky dip draw last night and the result was

Kolodziej 3 - 5 £200 More

Again I must thank R&R for running this game and congratulate him on his excellent odds again for this round. I'm glad that I no longer ave to think about who to choose for each round, due my lucky picks.

lucky dip.  :D         The dip never seems to pick out one of the top riders scoring more than 13 or 14.     Pull my other leg. 

Edited by Mark

This makes a lucky dip so much fun as it is a 16-1 chance of who I get. Kolodziej has scored only 2 and 4 points in his last two GPs and this may not change but I trust my luck on this.

5 hours ago, Robbie B said:

This makes a lucky dip so much fun as it is a 16-1 chance of who I get. Kolodziej has scored only 2 and 4 points in his last two GPs and this may not change but I trust my luck on this.

Maybe do your lucky dip before the last 2 GP's now and let us know who you got.     If you pick a random rider how many points R&R gives is not relevant. 

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Maybe do your lucky dip before the last 2 GP's now and let us know who you got.     If you pick a random rider how many points R&R gives is not relevant. 

The coin always comes down heads for MORE ;)

• Like 1

Mark, I could easily do the picks for the next two GPs and place the names of these riders of this page, but if you think about this it would be extremely unfair to the other players in the players in the game as this may affect the odds decided for these GPs by R&R. Also, as the Torun GP wildcard has yet to be named so I cannot put their name in the hat (so to speak) for my lucky dip.

R&R, I always like to cheer my rider on, and because of this factor I do like them to score points rather than lose them, as I think that it is bad karama to want  a rider to do badly.

So, I had made two lucky dips in this game the first Matej Zagar in the German GP went well after a run of uninspired picks by me. The points that Zagar scored in GPs before the German GP are 7, 6, 4,10, 3 and 7 so the fact that my lucky dip rider suddenly scored 15 points was just as much as surprise to me as it may have been to him. My second pick Janusz Kolodziej  it is just one of those things that R&R (and not me) who put his odds at low. Again his track record in GPs has been poor, so again another gamble by me maybe not as much as the previous one but I believe in my pick and I will see what happens.

The fact that no-one except myself knows how I do my lucky dips is based on your own personal assumptions. Afterall where is your prima facie evidence that I have not done a lucky dip for my choice of rider. To borrow some legal latin from the law of tort res ipsa loquitur (the facts speak for itself).

This game is just a bit of fun to me and whether I win or not does not bother me one-bit, as the challenge of trying to win is more important. But who knows i decide not to continue playing, after this round.

Edited by Robbie B