British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Beat the bookie GP prize competition 2019

34 minutes ago, Robbie B said:

Mark, I could easily do the picks for the next two GPs and place the names of these riders of this page, but if you think about this it would be extremely unfair to the other players in the players in the game as this may affect the odds decided for these GPs by R&R. Also, as the Torun GP wildcard has yet to be named so I cannot put their name in the hat (so to speak) for my lucky dip.

R&R, I always like to cheer my rider on, and because of this factor I do like them to score points rather than lose them, as I think that it is bad karama to want  a rider to do badly.

So, I had made two lucky dips in this game the first Matej Zagar in the German GP went well after a run of uninspired picks by me. The points that Zagar scored in GPs before the German GP are 7, 6, 4,10, 3 and 7 so the fact that my lucky dip rider suddenly scored 15 points was just as much as surprise to me as it may have been to him. My second pick Janusz Kolodziej  it is just one of those things that R&R (and not me) who put his odds at low. Again his track record in GPs has been poor, so again another gamble by me maybe not as much as the previous one but I believe in my pick and I will see what happens.

The fact that no-one except myself knows how I do my lucky dips is based on your own personal assumptions. Afterall where is your prima facie evidence that I have not done a lucky dip for my choice of rider. To borrow some legal latin from the law of tort res ipsa loquitur (the facts speak for itself).

This game is just a bit of fun to me and whether I win or not does not bother me one-bit, as the challenge of trying to win is more important. But who knows i decide not to continue playing, after this round.

Robbie, carry on as you want- if i had £4000 profit after 7 GP`s i would be very happy. I`m not sure if the qualifying has caused my downfall this season or my reluctance to take a lot of interest at riders past performances at certain tracks !! my view is that GP`S riders should be capable of riding all tracks well. However to have so many left in the comp at this stage is a disaster. Maybe i have been too generous with the spread stretchers and i will need to tweak that before next season.

The thing R&R I could put a video up on YouTube showing me making my pick but I would and someone who allege that I have fixed this. Players should remember that I eliminate myself from this game last year when I failed ro put more or less alongside my rider and you gave me a benefit of doubt, and I did inform you that my bet should have been more it left with with no funds and eliminated from the competition. I will decide what to do after this GP, but if I do stay in then I will change my tactics with the sheer intent of winning.

2 hours ago, Robbie B said:

Mark, I could easily do the picks for the next two GPs and place the names of these riders of this page, but if you think about this it would be extremely unfair to the other players in the players in the game as this may affect the odds decided for these GPs by R&R. Also, as the Torun GP wildcard has yet to be named so I cannot put their name in the hat (so to speak) for my lucky dip.

R&R, I always like to cheer my rider on, and because of this factor I do like them to score points rather than lose them, as I think that it is bad karama to want  a rider to do badly.

So, I had made two lucky dips in this game the first Matej Zagar in the German GP went well after a run of uninspired picks by me. The points that Zagar scored in GPs before the German GP are 7, 6, 4,10, 3 and 7 so the fact that my lucky dip rider suddenly scored 15 points was just as much as surprise to me as it may have been to him. My second pick Janusz Kolodziej  it is just one of those things that R&R (and not me) who put his odds at low. Again his track record in GPs has been poor, so again another gamble by me maybe not as much as the previous one but I believe in my pick and I will see what happens.

The fact that no-one except myself knows how I do my lucky dips is based on your own personal assumptions. Afterall where is your prima facie evidence that I have not done a lucky dip for my choice of rider. To borrow some legal latin from the law of tort res ipsa loquitur (the facts speak for itself).

This game is just a bit of fun to me and whether I win or not does not bother me one-bit, as the challenge of trying to win is more important. But who knows i decide not to continue playing, after this round.

How can it be a challenge of trying to win as all you do is pick a name out the hat.     I cant wait fot the video of you taking the lucky dip, make sure all 16 bits of paper dont have the same name.written on them.  :D                Sacre Blue.

Mark, if you read what I wrote you will see I clearly stated that I would be changing my tactics and this includes no-more lucky dips. What these changes will be you will see in in the due course of time ;)

1 hour ago, Mark said:

starting to crack under pressure ?     :D

Mark, there is no pressure on me when I twice as much money in the game than you :party: :drink: :D with 3 rounds to go. I noticed that you have not chosen your rider/s yet ;)  I wonder who the rider/s will be.

Edited by Robbie B

54 minutes ago, Robbie B said:

Mark, there is no pressure on me when I twice as much money in the game than you :party: :drink: :D with 3 rounds to go. I noticed that you have not chosen your rider/s yet ;)  I wonder who the rider/s will be.

I haven't done my lucky dip yet.    You've twice as much to loose.   

£200 less Sayfutinov

Kolodziej 50 more 

Lambert 50 more