British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Others seem to think so... sincere and unreserved apologies if it's not... I will stand corrected if some proves otherwise... and if it is I still stand by my veiled suggestion that guy's like the one in the story should be castrated... without anaesthetic...

Regards 

THJ

just like thieves and scammers , eh !

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Others seem to think so... sincere and unreserved apologies if it's not... I will stand corrected if some proves otherwise... and if it is I still stand by my veiled suggestion that guy's like the one in the story should be castrated... without anaesthetic...

Regards 

THJ

Gareth is 72 years old which doesn't tie in with the publication date and reported age of the offender in the article not withstanding that the allegations surrounding Speedway's GR go back much further ;)

Edit. A little more Googling produces an image of the offender in the article it's definitely not; http://pembrokeshire-herald.com/5161/spy-camera-pervert-court/

Edited by Byker Biker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Byker Biker said:

Gareth is 72 years old which doesn't tie in with the publication date and reported age of the offender in the article not withstanding that the allegations surrounding Speedway's GR go back much further ;)

Edit. A little more Googling produces an image of the offender in the article it's definitely not; http://pembrokeshire-herald.com/5161/spy-camera-pervert-court/

So this is getting even muddier! Are you saying BB that the link to the recent indecent stuff is not the 'speedway' Gareth Rogers, but the 'speedway' Gareth Rogers has been 'done' in the past for sexual impropers? :unsure:  

34 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

So this is getting even muddier! Are you saying BB that the link to the recent indecent stuff is not the 'speedway' Gareth Rogers, but the 'speedway' Gareth Rogers has been 'done' in the past for sexual impropers? :unsure:  

I hate getting involved in this ill-informed thread but as far as I know the previous conviction of Gareth was overturned and compensation paid. So it should not be brought up again and nor should the behaviour of a completely different person with the same name. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:51 PM, mike7164 said:

Why close it? at the time I started the thread it was a genuine question to which I knew nothing about and it has taken until today for someone to post findings, although I had red stuff after starting the thread off, and I would like to point out I am appalled at these offences, and I hope these comments and evidence of what he has been convicted and found guilty of reaches as many people as possible.

So everyone who is either a parent, kid, or a woman can be forewarned and protected against him!      

In light of comments regarding it being the wrong Gareth Rogers is why I never posted links etc! nor did I accuse him or anyone else!

So if this is the case I go back to the original question, does anybody know  what happened to Gareth Rogers?

Edited by mike7164

Was there any particular reason why this "topic" was started in the Championship section of the forum anyway? Hopefully it wasn't another veiled (by association) anti Laurence Rogers dig. Just seems rather odd.

3 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Was there any particular reason why this "topic" was started in the Championship section of the forum anyway? Hopefully it wasn't another veiled (by association) anti Laurence Rogers dig. Just seems rather odd.

To Answer your question the only reason I posted it here was as he was associated with clubs at second division level nothing more.

I started it as a genuine question nothing more than that! 

• Like 1

Honestly

How true

I was aware of the historical stuff and although I never knew the outcome of what happened to the original allegation levelled at Speedway Roberts I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 37; so my bad, it just goes to show you need to know all the facts before you jump in; I was astounded to read the Byker Biker post stating Speedway Gareth Roberts was 72,  and as he correctly pointed out the Roberts in the press release will be 68/69 now so near but no cigar!!! I never thought Speedway Roberts was that old to be honest!!! Where have all those years gone? The mists of time have definitely dulled the facts and  memories.

Plus I wouldn't know either guy if I was standing next to them in the post office, however I still stand by the premise that anyone who  would harm women; children or dumb animals for any type of sick pleasure should be castrated;  no apologies on that score. 

So after getting the "totally wrong guy" I will bail out of this thread on that note; and I stand "Totally Corrected"

Regards
THJ

Has Gareth changed his surname as well? :unsure:

• Haha 2

Gareth Rogers (brother of Lawrence) was involved with the presenting at Somerset in the early days and I can remember his face.  The picture from the link posted is definitely not the person this topic is about.  THJ, with mike7164's permission, I would seriously consider asking the mods to delete this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Willowman said:

Gareth Rogers (brother of Lawrence) was involved with the presenting at Somerset in the early days and I can remember his face.  The picture from the link posted is definitely not the person this topic is about.  THJ, with mike7164's permission, I would seriously consider asking the mods to delete this.

Not a problem at all I got the wrong bloke Totally

Regards
THJ

2 hours ago, mike7164 said:

To Answer your question the only reason I posted it here was as he was associated with clubs at second division level nothing more.

I started it as a genuine question nothing more than that! 

That’s fine then - some folk do tend to have an alterior motive at times.

• Like 1

Not a problem at all I got the wrong bloke Totally

Regards
THJ

There can't be many Gareth Rogers' in Wales, I hope the local vigilantes haven't been round to the wong ones house :(