British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Premiership Supporters Cup

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:20 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That was the plan anyway - few details of exactly how it will work as yet

I would expect a big launch soon if it is still going to happen

There was a big launch for the Titanic and look what a disaster that was.

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, stevethelion said:

The average age of most Speedway crowds is probably 65-70, most of whom are busy adjusting their blankets & pouring the next drink from their flasks between races. How many people of the age group that follow Speedway have accounts on facebook or Twitter or could be bothered messing about downloading apps from smartphones between races, I know even if I had a smartphone, which I don't , the meeting would be over by the time I had worked out what I had to do ( technology as passed me by). All people want to see is 4 evenly matched riders, giving it their all, not some fabricated mis-match determined by who has the most supporters.

I think the whole idea is aimed at a new generation rather than the existing hardcore

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe someone is developing the app which can only be accessed by password issued to those at the meeting - perhaps included in the official meeting racecard??;):t:

Who would have thought it? Speedway reaches the digital marketing age!!

Pointless exercise which would show they dont understand the digital marketing age they are trying to take advantage of

The whole point is universal access without restriction. Barriers just mean the message doesnt go anywhere which is the whole reason for it

Makes you wonder who came up with this pointless idea.

Cant be any promoter, as all they come up each year is a different number to set as a points limit and what colour helmets the away riders have to wear!!!!

Maybe it was some small time Advertising Agency on the south coast being bigged up by the self appointed one....and only supporters at the meeting can vote using a special password!!!!

Priceless.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Pointless exercise which would show they dont understand the digital marketing age they are trying to take advantage of

The whole point is universal access without restriction. Barriers just mean the message doesnt go anywhere which is the whole reason for it

digital age not reached poole yet we can only pay through the gate still cash only . hopefully this season coming it may change .:t:

5 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

I can see it now...Heat 15 will be another reserves race.....:unsure:

Only for the away team :neutral:

Do they really expect Speedway to become popular with the younger Generation just because supporters can vote for the line-ups in the nominated riders race? Forget it. All it does is alienate the old fans even more.

22 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Do they really expect Speedway to become popular with the younger Generation just because supporters can vote for the line-ups in the nominated riders race? Forget it. All it does is alienate the old fans even more.

Does it also mean you can follow speedway updates and vote as well ?

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

Does it also mean you can follow speedway updates and vote as well ?

From the little Ive heard anyone will be able to vote on any meeting so yes if that turns out to be true

How the hell is that a serious sporting even.  What makes it worse is stupid people will actually pay money to go and watch it happen.  

I have followed Belle Vue since the mid 50's as have 2 others I go with and we all have smart phones and are on both Facebook and Twitter. 

Incidentally,  can you get this Teflon wallpaper? Sounds a good idea,  the dirt and stains could just be wiped off with a bit of fairy liquid.  Would save all that decorating every few years. :t:

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Pretty sure it's cash only at Foxhall to, for the speedway anyway. 

Card payments at the gate for the speedway were in operation last season Baldy, and are again this coming season. 

Used it myself and it was so handy not having to stop off at a cash machine on the way. About time too!

• Like 1

Oh didn't know that,,, the few times I did go I always paid cash as didn't know they took card. That's handy to know as always had to stop at a cash mashine before hand.