British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Premiership Supporters Cup

I know this will sound a bit harsh but,, if anyone pays money to go and watch these meetings they doing speedway no favours at all.  It really does show those in charge can do anything they want and people will still turn up and watch it.    People like that are a big reason why speedway is nearly dead. 

29 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I know this will sound a bit harsh but,, if anyone pays money to go and watch these meetings they doing speedway no favours at all.  It really does show those in charge can do anything they want and people will still turn up and watch it.    People like that are a big reason why speedway is nearly dead. 

Why are they calling it the supporters cup when so many supporters seem against it and most certainly have not voted for it , maybe when it fails miserably then they can blame the fans for it . It should  be renamed BSPA bright idea cup and see if they can get BIC pens to sponsor it

• Like 1

As I've said, some fans will turn up for anything at any price.  

Can you imagine going to a football cup match and the crowd the decide who takes the penalties for your team.   

Maybe given the demographic of its fan base, the sport would be better off letting fans train their own pigeon to take their selection up to the referees box attached to their pigeon's feet? 

Maybe there could then be a prize of two tickets to the next Cup match to the owner of the pigeon that has come from furthest away?...

Think of the excitement it would generate...

Maybe one of those representing the supporters clubs at that BSPA think tank thing could suggest it?

Obviously it won't be completely straight forward, as if your pigeon is injured and cannot fly on any given night, something like a wing injury or damaged shank, or your pigeon is already competing in a race over mainland Europe on the same night. Then there would need to be some kind of 'guest pigeon' system required to ensure everyone has a chance...

Based on speed, colour and weight of the pigeons, and their previous performances I would personally suggest....

However I am sure a workable solution could be found...

No ideas a bad idea etc etc etc..

;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Baldyman said:

It’s a catch 22 tho, if people stop going then speedway in the uk will also be dead 

15 hours ago, Baldyman said:

As I've said, some fans will turn up for anything at any price.  

Can you imagine going to a football cup match and the crowd the decide who takes the penalties for your team.   

as you say if some supporters will turn up for anything just think if we didn't you would not have nothing to moan about just saying no speedway at all then happy days :drink:

On 1/27/2019 at 10:44 AM, Bavarian said:

Total rubbish this. The team manager alone should decide. Imagine this in any other sport, supporters voting for player's substitutions in Football. Come on, man!!! 

This is another unneeded gimmick. The BSPA is making a mockery of this once great sport of speedway racing. Just as bad as the Golden Joker for double points.

I for one can't take this Supporters Cup serious. Too bad the traditional Knock-Out Cup has been sacrificed for that.

Eddie Waring and Stuart Hall would have been perfect for this nonsense. Perhaps pearson and Tatum could fill in as guest replacements.

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

It’s a catch 22 tho, if people stop going then speedway in the uk will also be dead 

It's already brain dead.

Hopefully the majority of fans who go to support their team, don't visit this forum. All this negativity is no good for our sport.

The simple answer is. Back Speedway or lose it.

• Like 5

On 2/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, hyderd said:

Hopefully the majority of fans who go to support their team, don't visit this forum. All this negativity is no good for our sport.

The simple answer is. Back Speedway or lose it.

It's already dead in London and the majority of the south east. I've always backed my local tracks, but I'm in the minority.

Even though clubs are folding and have folded because people don't do,,, people still are not and won't be going.  When it's said use or lose it,, some would still rather lose it. That's how little appeal speedway has now.