British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Premiership Supporters Cup

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

You can't vote for worst apposing riders,,, unless the team managers are dumb enough to put them up for a vote

It’s a bit of a joke because you vote for say the best 2 in heat 14 and the team manager says errrrrr I am putting then in heat15 so that leaves the other 2, meaningless

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

You can't vote for worst apposing riders,,, unless the team managers are dumb enough to put them up for a vote

No, but you can vote for the worst of the 4. But more worryingly I can vote on any match which benefits my team, even when they are not riding

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shaleslider said:

It’s a bit of a joke because you vote for say the best 2 in heat 14 and the team manager says errrrrr I am putting then in heat15 so that leaves the other 2, meaningless

That cannot be the case otherwise the vote is pointless. 

Edited by A ORLOV

You could vote on any match,,, and gonna stick with my thoughts that it's a total joke and somehow makes speedway look even more pathetic as a sport,,, but maybe that's just me.  Hence also why no company has any interest in sponsoring any such event

Edited by Baldyman

8 minutes ago, shaleslider said:

The same two riders can't be used in both heats.

6 minutes ago, champs99 said:

No, but you can vote for the worst of the 4. But more worryingly I can vote on any match which benefits my team, even when they are not riding

To me it sounds like your best 4 riders on the night will be in hts 14 and 15 the fans are just deciding the heats they would like to see them in.I think team managers would be foolish not to name their top 4 for ht14.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 3

There will be 4 riders picked from the 7. But the TM can leave out the best 2 for 15.... if he wants

E.g. Ipswich vs Peteboro 

Ipswich leave out top scorers King 10 and Harris 11 so can pick any of the remaining 5

Bellego 5

KP 2

Lawson 8

Allen 3

Heeps 9

Leaving King and Harris for 15.

Would be silly to name the highest reserve... can put him in a replacement...

So fans pick Lawson and Bellego but the higher scoring Heeps could replace Bellego 

Simples.....:blink:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

2 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

That depends if the vote overrides the managers choice 

Having re-read the Press statement, it says 

It should be noted that riders who compete in Heat 14 cannot also compete in Heat 15. It will be the team managers’ decision whether to leave certain riders out of the Heat 14 poll should they wish to be certain of their availability for Heat 15.

so riders 3 to 6 nominated if you leave your heat leaders out for the last heat, who is the most supported team in the league on Twitter?

guaranteed to have the reserve in heat 14 

What happens if a rider is injured... i take it they cannot be named in the 4. 

Wonder how many riders will pull out of the meeting "injured" if they having a bad day? 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, shaleslider said:

Having re-read the Press statement, it says 

It should be noted that riders who compete in Heat 14 cannot also compete in Heat 15. It will be the team managers’ decision whether to leave certain riders out of the Heat 14 poll should they wish to be certain of their availability for Heat 15.

so riders 3 to 6 nominated if you leave your heat leaders out for the last heat, who is the most supported team in the league on Twitter?

guaranteed to have the reserve in heat 14 

Put your best 4 riders out, whatever you lose in 14 you make up for in 15, the two heats could go as the majority last year when scores were often reversed in two heats.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I can't believe any adult would think this cup gimmick is a good idea.  Its meant to be a  serious sport. 

Really?

When did it start becoming a serious sport? (In Britain)...

Lets be honest, what's another bit of contrived bollox going to do adversely to the sport that all the other contrived bollox doesn't already do?

Swapping guest riders in a Grand Final anyone?:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

I was being polite.   The whole thing is a load of turd. 

Somehow I must stop myself coming on here 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yet again, the powers that be have managed to make things more complicated than they need to be. Just use the standard race formula with heat 15 voted for by fans. 

• Like 1

Now that UK speedway has truly arrived into the digital age and is social media interactive with fans voting via Twitter, the BSPA know that vast numbers of people under 50 ( even 40 or conceivably 30!) will quickly be attracted to speedway. The crisis in crowd levels is about to recede. All will be well! take a bow Blazers United for an innovative marketing strategy.

Presumably, fans will be able to vote as they follow the match on Updates?

If this is the best the BSPA can come up with to improve British speedway, then God help us. It's a ridiculous idea.

• Like 1

The BSPA :icon_smile_clown: 

Keith Chapman :icon_smile_clown:

Everyone's opinion of British Speedway right now (apart from the blinkered) :rofl:

• Like 3