British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Premiership Supporters Cup

26 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Will there be anything in place to prevent opposing fans and people following updates from influencing the vote ? There is also the fact that not every supporter has a smart phone.

It doesn't matter. Managers will chose their top four riders and the fans will choose which pair ride in heat 14 with the other pair riding in heat 15 by default.

Just because some people don't have smartphones isn't a reason to try something new.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, britmet said:

I am an older person, i.e. retired; I do have a smart phone; I do have PAYG, even though I can afford  a contract, but am sensible enough not to be sucked into living my life with it in my hand and running my life. (In fact I'm seriously thinking of reverting to my old Nokia, - just need to check if its WiFi is compatible with my car's system.)
No, I wont be partaking in the scheme, even if every stadium does have WiFi. - 2ndbbh is right to ask: remember, most supporter are of the same generation as me, and won't have or know what 4G or 5G is or means, and will be unlikely to convert for this scheme to become meaningful.

I'm unlikely to vote either, but I'm quite happy to see what the result is from those who do vote and just go along with it. That's fine by me. You don't have to vote.

Anyone on Twitter wouldn't be reliant on Wi-Fi... 

Wouldnt matter anyways as most of the voting will be done away from the stadium.....

WARNING !!! If your reading the updates on demand or a few days later the vote will be closed so if you vote it will not count but you may still be charged 

• Haha 1

How do we take this farce serious cant believe what I'm. reading 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

The race format will be as listed above, but modified to reflect the current situation where the No.1 goes off gates 3 or 4 in heat 1.

A couple of other gates have also been adjusted to give riders a ride off each gate. (Apart from the Reserves who may only get 3 rides in the meeting).

The new Regulations are available on the SCB site (Downloads)

Edited by Gambo

23 minutes ago, ray c said:

How do we take this farce serious cant believe what I'm. reading 

The thing is, if you're not interested in it then you don't have to do anything. Just watch the racing. 13 heats using to old race formula and 2 nominated races at the end. That's it.

• Like 2

Now that rider number 4 plus one of the reserves that used to ride in heat 14 could miss out on their 4th ride as it may not always be the case that number 4 will get into the picks and unless the reserve is having a great meeting is likely to not get picked either.  Presumably the number 4 knows he might only get 3 rides and others could get 5, plus one of the reserves is likely to only get 3 rides .  

Edited by A ORLOV

So you have a reserve that's flying on the night,,, don't put him up for a pick,, it's then chosen the under performing rider goes in 14,,,goes though tapes,, replaced by flying reserve.  Can flying reserve also do heat 15 as wasn't original pick for 14

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So you have a reserve that's flying on the night,,, don't put him up for a pick,, it's then chosen the under performing rider goes in 14,,,goes though tapes,, replaced by flying reserve.  Can flying reserve also do heat 15 as wasn't original pick for 14

Will be even funnier if the lessor rider in heat 15 also goes through the tapes, if replaced by the same reserve 

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

The thing is, if you're not interested in it then you don't have to do anything. Just watch the racing. 13 heats using to old race formula and 2 nominated races at the end. That's it.

Pretty much it. Unfortunately but not surprisingly people are too obtuse to give it a chance and see how it works but if they don’t like it then just ignore it and treat it as two nominated heats which isn’t a new concept. 

37 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Exactly.  2 extra rides for flying reserve. 

Which has never happened ever. 

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Now that rider number 4 plus one of the reserves that used to ride in heat 14 could miss out on their 4th ride as it may not always be the case that number 4 will get into the picks and unless the reserve is having a great meeting is likely to not get picked either.  Presumably the number 4 knows he might only get 3 rides and others could get 5, plus one of the reserves is likely to only get 3 rides .  

Rider 4 still gets 4 rides.... both reserves only have 3 programmed rides now