British Speedway Forum
ZagarRacing

Premiership Supporters Cup

4 hours ago, hyderd said:

Agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying, I also get "is that still going" from where I work apart from 1 guy who does go when work etc allows. My congestion point was not Kirky lane, but the outer surrounding area. Regent Rd gridlocked (roadworks) A6 Stockport slow traffic (roadworks) M57/A57 slow moving traffic,(normal congestion) as for Oldham Rd and Rochdale Rd I guess pretty much the same, so anyone going to the meeting on Monday night or Thursday night who live outside of M19 need to finish work early, which is not always possible and must have some impact on our attendance

Blimey HR, you sound like my Citeh mates explaining why the Emptihad is never full...:D

"Road works outside McVities" is usually the main one...

Or. ..

"They've changed the traffic light priority fazing on Mount Rd"..:D

Hear what your'e saying mate and I am sure 'start time' and the 'night of running' does lessen the crowd level, but I would say it prevents people from going far less than, as currently, the vast majority of the Mancunian populace not having a clue who The (World Famous) Belle Vue Aces are, and what they do...

Stockport County can get 3000 - 4000 on a Tuesday night, six miles away, and we know United and City get tens of thousands any evening they play, so there is a huge appetite for 'live sport' in quite probably the No1 'sporting conurbation' in the country..

It just appears the appetite for Speedway is just not there...

Sadly..

In reality it makes little odds if Belle Vue are attracting small or large crowds, if the sport continues to decline and lubs shut then there will be no opposition left. The spiralling costs that the promotions allow to happen are bleeding it dry. Add in the diversity of entertainments available today and the switch in blind loyalty to any particular club fading in an age of greater tolerance. The sport at present is being propped up by those who are prepared to buy into clubs and the fans who pay over the odds to watch it while they can.

• Like 4

The BSPA have confirmed arrangements for the 2019 Premiership Supporters’ Cup.

The competition replaces the top flight’s Knockout Cup this season and enables fans to have a direct influence on meetings, by voting for riders to take part in heat 14.

The voting will take place via each club’s official Twitter feed and enables both supporters and team managers to be involved in the process. Following heat 10 of each fixture in the competition, the team managers will provide the names of four of their riders for the heat 14 vote and these will appear as a poll on the Twitter feed of the respective clubs, allowing supporters to vote for their preferred representatives in the race.

The polls will be open for 15 minutes, and the top two riders from each team in the poll will compete in heat 14. These riders, along with the riders for heat 15, will be announced following heat 13.

It should be noted that riders who compete in heat 14 cannot also compete in heat 15. It will be the team managers’ decision whether to leave certain riders out of the heat 14 poll should they wish to be certain of their availability for heat 15.

The format of the competition sees the Premiership clubs divided into two groups, with the winner of each group progressing to a two-legged final. Races prior to heat 14 will be run under the old 13-heat format.

Group 1: Belle Vue (@TheAces), Peterborough (@PboroPanthers), Wolverhampton (@WolvesSpeedway)
Group 2: Ipswich (@ipswichspeedway), King’s Lynn (@KLSpeedway), Poole (@poolespeedway), Swindon (@SwindonSpeedway)

https://ipswichwitches.co/fan-vote-confirmed-in-supporters-cup/

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Might work, might not but I applaud them for trying something different and incorporating modern technology into the process. 

• Like 1

It's a gimmick, idea, open to abuse, in a supposedly professional sport

It will be another delay in proceedings while he votes are sorted. There's enough pissing about now at meetings without adding to it.

• Like 5

I can't believe any adult would think this cup gimmick is a good idea.  Its meant to be a  serious sport. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 6

58 minutes ago, mrss said:

It will be another delay in proceedings while he votes are sorted. There's enough pissing about now at meetings without adding to it.

To me there should now only be a delay between ht13 and 14 instead of the usual ht14 and 15.But we will have to wait and see i suppose.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

To me there should now only be a delay between ht13 and 14 instead of the usual ht14 and 15.But we will have to wait and see i suppose.

Precisely, we need to see it in action to decide whether it’s a good idea or not. Don’t see how it can be slagged off until then. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So you not gonna vote then? :wink:

To right I won't,, it's pathetic,,unless a kid

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So you not gonna vote then? :wink:

Yep, for the worst opposing riders

• Like 1

Well that's a given..... :D

Be interesting to see how many votes come in.... could easily have more than the attendance of the meeting 

What will happen next year?  have a vote for riding order instead?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

You can't vote for worst apposing riders,,, unless the team managers are dumb enough to put them up for a vote