British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

World U21 championship final round Pardubice Friday October 4th live on TV

15 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I do't enjoy the Eurosport commentaries either

I like Dave Rowe, I prefer his commentary to anyone else.  I don't enjoy listening to Sam Ermolenko, he's not quite as bad as Tatum.

On 9/15/2019 at 3:45 PM, sommelier said:

Couldn't agree with you more Col, regarding Lambert and you quite rightly posted that Lambert a shadow of the rider last year winning SEC at the same venue. Was there last night and the contrast in watching the riders in the pits was amazing, this is not a knock at Lambert, but the focus of the poles not a girlfriend to be seen, so different as a onlooker where as Lambert seemed to be spending far to much time with his partner. Just my opinion.

Aha

The British disease. So many young riders think they're World Champion Elect once they get a 4pt NL average and a sign written van and a piece of eyecandy on the arm. Then they seem with alarming regularity to take a break from the sport. Admittedly Robert Lambert is a bit of a different beast but in reality the place for partners and the vast majority of most  parents and other associated hangers on is as far from the pits as possible. Let the rider and his team/mechanics concentrate on the job in hand.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Doing what you suggest would make the strength  of the meetings weaker, and some are already saying the racing wasnt that good anyway, me included.

Don't think so, I'd rather have Dan Bewley and Broc Nicol in this year's world u21 series, instead of Rafal Karczmarz and Tim Sörensen. The meetings wouldn't neccessarily become weaker with a limit for each nation.    

• Like 1

I think you have to consider who is in the pits in a rider by rider basis. Robert might well feel that his partner is an important part of his team ie keeping him focussed, helping him to stay calm, motivating him etc. It’s not for us to say who should or shouldn’t be with them during racing. 

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think you have to consider who is in the pits in a rider by rider basis. Robert might well feel that his partner is an important part of his team ie keeping him focussed, helping him to stay calm, motivating him etc. It’s not for us to say who should or shouldn’t be with them during racing. 

Well the polish seem to manage quite well!!!

15 minutes ago, FreddyS said:

Is it possible to get tickets on the day at Pardubice. I did read somewhere it may be difficult. I'm having trouble getting them online. 

Not sure why you are having problems- these are selling them and with an English language page https://www.ticketportal.cz/NEvent/Zlata-prilba-mesta-pardubic?target=2

• Like 1

Decent racing so far. Pity they don't hold the gp here.

Decent meeting, well done Drabik and well done Lidsey, rode really well to reach the final.