British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

10 favourite American riders

Who are - not in riding order or having seen them - your top 10 favourite American riders? Here are mine:

Wilbur Lamoreaux, Jack Milne, Cordy Milne, Manuel Trujillo, Lloyd 'Sprouts' Elder, Bruce Penhall, Charles 'Pee Wee' Cullum, Mike Bast, Scott Autrey, Ernie Roccio.

Edited by Guest

Shaun Moran, Kelly Moran, Bruce Penhall, Sam Ermolenko, John "cowboy" Cook, lance king, Mike faria, Bobby ott, gino manzares, Steve Lucero, Scott autrey

• Like 1

Wilbur Lamoreaux, Benny Kaufman, Ernie Roccio, Dewayne Keeter, Bruce Penhall, Ron Preston, Dennis Sigalos, Denny Pyeatt, Bobby Schwartz, Buddy Robinson.

Steve

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gustix said:

Who are - not in riding order or having seen them - your top 10 favourite American riders? Here are mine:

Wilbur Lamoreaux, Jack Milne, Cordy Milne, Manuel Trujillo, Lloyd 'Sprouts' Elder, Bruce Penhall, Charles 'Pee Wee' Cullum, Mike Bast, Scott Autrey, Ernie Roccio.

Why am I not surprised to see the great mike bast on this list speedy? 

6 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Why am I not surprised to see the great mike bast on this list speedy? 

I'm shocked he didn't fill all ten places!

Steve

• Like 2

I would emphasise that the title of the thread is '10 FAVOURITE American riders', not  '10 BEST American riders'. I mention this in case there is any confusion.

I think its pretty clear noone is confused in that regard, given that Greg Hancock hasn't made any lists but others such as Lucero, pyeatt and Alan Christian have?

Unless you are implying mike bast would have filled all ten slots if this was a greatest riders list. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

I think its pretty clear noone is confused in that regard, given that Greg Hancock hasn't made any lists but others such as Lucero, pyeatt and Alan Christian have?

Unless you are implying mike bast would have filled all ten slots if this was a greatest riders list. 

What is your opinion of Mike Bast 1.???

This thread sadly is going off topic. The status of a rider is not the key theme - it's just a request for the names of a viewer's 10 FAVOURITE American riders. A rider's achievements are immaterial  - just name the riders YOU LIKE most. Simple!

Going off topic myself this is how Mike Bast is viewed in the USA with recognition in the prestige AMA Hall of Fame: Mike Bast USA speedway http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=125

Edited by Guest

On 1/29/2019 at 8:10 AM, Sidney the robin said:

What is your opinion of Mike Bast ?

He thinks he was a leg - end.   (doesn't specify which end of the leg)

johnhyamsneakyedit.jpg

Edited by WalterPlinge

Really difficult this one and I have to include Sprouts Elder for his name if nothing else! Based on riders I have seen:

Autrey, Kelly & Shawn Moran, Preston,  Caruso, Schwartz, Penhall, McKnight, Cook...and dare I say Gresham although he used to annoy the hell out of me!

Tbh in most of these categories I am struggling to come up with 10 riders who count as ‘favourites’

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gustix said:

An interesting item about Putt Mossman but what relevance has it to do with Mike Bast? 

Since you wrote it, I (wrongly) assumed you'd be able to read it.

But since you've clearly failed to read it properly, I'll explain in simple words...

The previous poster asked for your opinion of Mike Bast.   I posted a link which clearly showed your opinion was that Mike Bast was (and i quote)  a "Leg - End".

3 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

He thinks he was a leg - end.   (doesn't specify which end of the leg)

Now Dave DeTemple ... there was an American leg-end!

• Like 1