British Speedway Forum
Sidney the robin

10 Favourite Polish riders.

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Plech, Zancarz, Zmarzlik,Szczakiel, Walosek( 60/70s)  Hampel, Gollob,Woryna (Snr) Pyszny, Raba.

I think you mean Edward Jancarz Sidney.

Cieslak, Jurzynski, Plech, Jancarz, Jankowski, Mucha, Walosek, Szczakiel (actually saw him ride at Cowley...well as far as the first bend!), Gollob, Woryna.

Of the Poles I saw ride, my favourite 10 would be :

Plech, Jancarz, Woryna, Waloszek, Szczakiel, Mucha, Wyglenda, Bombik, Glucklich and Cieslak

Plech, Jankowski, Gollob, Zmarzlik, Protasiewicz, Cegielski, Kolodziej, Huszcza, Skornicki, M Drabik.

3 hours ago, The White Knight said:

I think you mean Edward Jancarz Sidney.

Sorry on phone at work WK (hope you are well) great rider Eddie was tragically murdered by his wife in later life.

Teodorowicz Chrzanowski Zengota Janowski Lampart Musielak Kurmanski Skornicki Hampel Gollob Dudek Zmarzlik

Stefan Kwoczala, Andrzej Wyglenda, Antoni Woryna, Andrzej Pogorzelski, Stanislaw Tkocz, Pawel Waloszek, Mieczyslaw Polukard, Edmund Migos, Joachim Maj, Konstanty Pociejkowicz

I have mentioned the name in other threads in regard to Polish riders! The first Pole riding in the UK who came to my attention was Max Rech in the late 1940s-early 1950s. His clubs were Fleetwood, St Austell and Exeter.

Tomasz Gollob

Leonard Raba

Jerzy Trzeszkowski

Henryk Glucklich

Zenon Plech

Boleslaw Proch

Krzysztof Ciegelski

Jerzy Rembas

Grzegorz Szczepanik

Jan Puk

Boley  Proch is name from the past!!Forced out of the Racers team mid-season.Who was the other Polish Racer a year or so earlier who if I remember rightly was involved in a crime?Sure it was answered years ago on here,but can’t for the life of me remember the answer.

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Boley  Proch is name from the past!!Forced out of the Racers team mid-season.Who was the other Polish Racer a year or so earlier who if I remember rightly was involved in a crime?Sure it was answered years ago on here,but can’t for the life of me remember the answer.

Eugeniusz Blaszak.

• Like 2

One young Pole who looked to have a promising future but never really made it.Was this his best ever meeting I wonder?Probsbly his most memorable.Marcin Rempala