British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

All time favourite top 10.

Trouble is Sid my list would vary daily...far too many for me to list.

50 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Trouble is Sid my list would vary daily...far too many for me to list.

Mine is pretty concrete to be honest with another 20 easy to pick.

There are so many - for me - in this category. Among those I would include are Ove Fundin, Jack Parker, Jimmy Gibb, Wilbur Lamoreaux, Max Grosskreutz, Vic Duggan, Frank Dolan, Pee Wee Cullum, Ernie Price, Egon Muller.

Briggs Fundin Craven Ashby Knutsson Broadbanks Steady Bomber Andersen Doyley Ward Kildemand 

Edited by auntie doris

Barry Thomas, Zenon Plech, Mark Loram, Tomasz Gollob, Darcy Ward, Andy Galvin, Chris Harris, Bartosz Zmarzlik, Alan Mogridge, Erik Gundersen.

Larry Ross, Andy Smith, Chris Morton, Peter Collins, Shawn Moran, Kelly Moran, Tai Woffinden, Dan Bewley, Emil Safuydinov, Darcy Ward. 

Leigh Adams , Toni Kaspar , Zenon Plech , Bo Petersen , Darcy Ward , Jason Crump , Andy Galvin  , Kelly Moran , Jason Doyle , Dennis Sigalos 

There appears to be concerns on this and the similar threads in regard to nominations.

The concerns appear to be that nominations can only be made for riders one has seen. That is not the interpretation I have.

I see no problem in detailing riders one may not have seen as well as itemising those you have seen. Many will have enjoyed reading about past riders e.g Vic Huxley, Vic Duggan, Jack Parker, Jack Milne and more great past stars. 

How do present paicipants of the Top Ten listings review the situation in regard to nominations of old-time stars and riders one may only have read about along with present day favourites?

There are no concerns here,so blow that for a game of soldiers

My 10

Tommy Jansson,Olle Nygren,Ronnie Moore,Peter Collins,Nicki Pedersen,Emil Sayfutdinov,Gollob,Andrew Silver,Eddie Jancarz and The one I didn’t see,Ginger Lees

tomorrow it could be different though

48 minutes ago, gustix said:

There appears to be concerns on this and the similar threads in regard to nominations.

The concerns appear to be that nominations can only be made for riders one has seen. That is not the interpretation I have.

I see no problem in detailing riders one may not have seen as well as itemising those you have seen. Many will have enjoyed reading about past riders e.g Vic Huxley, Vic Duggan, Jack Parker, Jack Milne and more great past stars. 

How do present paicipants of the Top Ten listings review the situation in regard to nominations of old-time stars and riders one may only have read about along with present day favourites?

...That's my self-imposed criteria based upon first hand knowledge watching my 'favourites'. I have the greatest respect for those I never had the privilege of watching (and there were many believe me) but I have to draw my personal line somewhere otherewise any list I may nominate would prove endless.

Edited by steve roberts

Barry Thomas, Mark Loram, Andy Galvin, Bo Petersen, Andrew Silver, Zenon Plech, Andreas Jonsson, Michael Lee, Peter Collins, and Darcy Ward. Can't believe I've not got room for Joe Screen, Tony Rickardsson and Tommy Janssen!