British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GhostRider

Trip to Eastbourne

Hi

I am planning a trip to Eastbourne for Edinburghs visit in July, having not been to the track or indeed Eastbourne itself, i was hoping somebody to help out with recomended hotels not to far from the track.

Any sugestions are welcome

thanks

The track is actually about 7 or 8 miles inland from Eastbourne, between Polegate and Hailsham. 

If you need to stay close to the track I think there's a Travelodge or Premier Inn (or both) pretty close by.

But if you're in a car, it's only a 10-15 minute drive between the track and Eastbourne seafront, so  you might as well stay in Eastbourne and make a bit of a holiday of it. 

There's a wide variety of hotels, although being peak holiday season in July I'm not sure how many would take a booking if you only want one night.   I'd say have a search of the internet or Eastbourne Tourist Information, and see what suits your pocket/needs.

1 hour ago, GhostRider said:

Hi

I am planning a trip to Eastbourne for Edinburghs visit in July, having not been to the track or indeed Eastbourne itself, i was hoping somebody to help out with recomended hotels not to far from the track.

Any sugestions are welcome

thanks

I am going down for the Good Friday meeting / weekend and went on to the Eastbourne Speedway website and sent a message in one of the reply boxes and got a speedy polite reply back saying they would have a list of recommended hotels on their website by middle of February. 

To: HGould and GhostRider

As well as looking for Eastbourne tourist information....also search of Wealden tourist info.

The stadium is not within Eastbourne Borough but within Wealden District.

Some wonderful places in East Sussex generally to visit -- depends what you like to do: South Downs for walking, historic buildings to visit; children's adventure centres

Couple of links for you here:

http://www.wealdendo-sussex.co.uk

https://www.visiteastbourne.com/tourism/

A little further away is Brighton - a bit more cosmopolitan than Eastbourne.

Happy to help with any specifics, if I can.

• Like 1

I would highly recommend Langham's hotel which is right on the seafront. It's a 4 star hotel which includes a superb breakfast in the price. You will need to book online to get the best deal.

Edited by cityrebel
Spelling mistake

Thanks for all the info, its much appreciated, I shall have a look on the internet for the things mentioned above.