British Speedway Forum

On 2/3/2019 at 9:04 AM, ch958 said:

this really isn't a cause for celebration: it merely underlines that the sport is seen as an historical activity.

Hard to argue with that.

If this is set in 1954, how come Geordie is driving a 1965 Singer Gazelle Mark V, complete with inertia reel front and rear seat belts?

• Like 2

I think the programme was originally set in the 50s but later series saw the period move into the 60s, so I think Geordie's ok to be driving a 1965 car and no doubt having conversations with the new vicar about the merits of Ivan Mauger over whoever is riding for the Grantchester team.

43 minutes ago, Chadster said:

I think the programme was originally set in the 50s but later series saw the period move into the 60s, so I think Geordie's ok to be driving a 1965 car and no doubt having conversations with the new vicar about the merits of Ivan Mauger over whoever is riding for the Grantchester team.

I wonder whether we will see a poster in future episodes.......Grantchester versus Slough? :o

• Like 2