British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

10 favourite Welsh riders

53 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Dai Evans did he come from Shropshire the outskirts of Wales.?

Dai was born in Bridgnorth, a town on the River Severn about 35 miles east of the Welsh border and 15 miles west of Wolverhampton.

Thanks to an old BSF favourite Parsloes 1928 Nearly, he has emailed me that the New Zealander with Wimbledon was Andrew Bargh and the Australian who rode for the Dons was Joel Parsons.

He also says that he recalls a South African rider in the Conference League but, like myself, cannot remember his name,

Edited by Guest

Am I right in assuming that Howard Cole was Welsh?

19 hours ago, gustix said:

Thanks to an old BSF favourite Parsloes 1928 Nearly, he has emailed me that the New Zealander with Wimbledon was Andrew Bargh and the Australian who rode for the Dons was Joel Parsons.

He also says that he recalls a South African rider in the Conference League but, like myself, cannot remember his name,

He had a few clubs from 2005 until 2012 ,  i remember him at Scunny mainly Byron Becker South Africa born in Johannesburg it could be him.

Edited by Sidney the robin

11 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

He had a few clubs from 2005 until 2012 ,  i remember him at Scunny mainly Byron Becker South Africa born in Johannesburg it could be him.

Well done Sidney the robin. It is Byron Becker. As I recall he had problems trying to get a place with a British team.

And I saw on a Facebook page that speedway has finally decided to fold in South Africa with a LAST EVER meeting mentioned!!