British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moxey63

Most unfortunate team

On 2/5/2019 at 5:27 PM, BWitcher said:

Just a quick add on to Moxey's excellent post. Some may be thinking, so they lost a few riders, no big deal. The difference that season was guests were only allowed for your No 1 rider, which of course was Sam Ermolenko.

Where the league was really lost was a 2pt home defeat against Ipswich when we had a side of Sam Ermolenko, Peter Karlsson, Neil Evitts (riding injured and woefully out of form and confidence) RR and four juniors. Sam rattled off a 21pt max, PK may have got a max too, or close to it, but it wasn't enough.

Shane Parker decided to goad the Wolves crowd after the meeting celebrating wildly and became somewhat unpopular to say the least.

That said my opinion of Parker changed a few years later when we held a fund raising event for PK, Parker came along and was brilliant. He's a bit handy at Laserquest!

The Ermolenko crash in Heat 1 against Bradford had more ramifications as it meant we didn't get the bonus pt that match which would have won us the league that night if I remember correctly.

Never forgotten that Ipswich match. I dont even a Cradley team getting as bad a reception at Monmore as they did after that.  I remember we went to get some fish and chips on the way back and when we walked in, John and Chris Louis were in there and looked very embarrassed!