British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chunky

A JAP in America etc...

Here in the US, we obviously don't get much speedway exposure, and most people know little or nothing about the machinery. 

I work at a local bar a couple of times a week, and when I got in this morning, there was a motorcycle auction being shown on several of our tv's. I wasn't really watching, but I kept an eye out just in case...

About 15 minutes ago, they wheeled out a beautiful 1952 Rotrax JAP! Of course, nobody in the bar had a clue what it was, but through all my drooling, I was able to show off my little bit of knowledge. It was sold for $15,000...

Actually, that reminds me; a couple of weeks back, a tv show called "American Pickers" (they go round picking up antiques and other stuff they think they can make a profit on), and one guy in California (not anyone I know) had this old GR500 hidden away in his garage. Again, they didn't come up with too much info, but I wonder if it could have belonged to one of the Moran boys?

Yep, I'm always on the lookout for things like this...

Steve

As an addendum, they just sold an old Harley board racer for $45,000. There was actually a board track about a mile from where I am right now in Sharonville, OH.

Steve

Edited by chunky

I remember seeing Jimmy Ogisu at Wimbledon.