British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Mystery American rider

Did the American rider Byrd McKinney race in Britain in either or both the 1936 and 1937 seasons?5a304ff80cbf8_byrdmckinneyAAB.jpg.715b7b05236b6e553e30eca0897fb492.jpg

Surely posting something you know the answer to is called being a troll?Just what is the point of this attention seeking?

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Surely posting something you know the answer to is called being a troll?Just what is the point of this attention seeking?

Then you must report me to the Mod that I have broken BSF guidelines. There can be no other response that I can now justifiably make!

4 minutes ago, gustix said:

Then you must report me to the Mod that I have broken BSF guidelines. There can be no other response that I can now justifiably make!

Can’t be bothered.I would be making 20 or so contacts per day,just like the mod said you was doing.You make the mistake in assuming others are obsessed as yourself

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gustix said:

You don't help yourself with stuff like this John.  If you're posting a genuine question, fair enough, but a simple googling of the blokes name taking us  to an article written by you is frankly just weird.

And i doubt the other member has a collection of your writings... as i said.. google gives answers in less than a second.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

You don't help yourself with stuff like this John.  If you're posting a genuine question, fair enough, but a simple googling of the blokes name taking us  to an article written by you is frankly just weird.

And i doubt the other member has a collection of your writings... as i said.. google gives answers in less than a second.

Funny thing is that over the years, I have had several private conversations (on here and on Facebook) with John about this very topic. With his knowledge and experience, John is - and should be - a valuable member of these forums, but he just doesn't help his cause with some of the things he posts.

No John - we don't have a problem with YOU; we welcome your interesting historical posts. We just wish you wouldnt make some of the ridiculous and unnecessary posts you do, and I have said to you before that simply asking for answers to questions to which most of us already know the answers is not advisable.

Steve

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gustix said:

No surprise to me! I just wondered if the lead Post would attract your attention! I know how you like to trail my doings on the BSF. I was tempted to query on the 1937 German rider at Wimbledon, Alfred Rumrich. But we have been on that debate before? As a matter of interest, how large a collection of my writings over they years do you have?

So let’s get this right. You start a thread asking a question you already know the answer to, and which nobody has the slightest interest in, and when challenged you try to tell us your reason for starting it was to see if Iris 123 would trail you . Of course you didn’t expect him to catch you out by pointing out that it was just another of your attention seeking scams.

Take notice of what Chunky says and stop making  a complete fool of yourself.

• Like 3