British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

US riders of the 30's

6 minutes ago, gustix said:

I think Sidney the robin is doing a good job. Certainly in regard IMO to deflating a few egoes. I have been a contact friend of his for some years. IMO he has a talent for bursting egoistical bubbles by some BSF posters.

You sound like Donald Trump :D

59 minutes ago, gustix said:

I am bewildered by both comments! Not unusual with items on the BSF. Please clarify (1) what FB group are the Ove Fundin photos appearing on -  its TITLE please. (2) And Chunky please clarify in regard to the photo Post. I have no idea what you are commenting about.

Damn, I'm "bewildered by your comment" that you don't know where you are sharing the photos.......I refuse to play your game, you know where you posted them.

Just now, racers and royals said:

You sound like Donald Trump :D

Oh dear, the biggest insult of all.......there is NO other like Donald Trump! :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, andout said:

Damn, I'm "bewildered by your comment" that you don't know where you are sharing the photos.......I refuse to play your game, you know where you posted them.

Of course I know where I SHARE photos to on FB!!! I was only asking for a response in regard to the Ove Fundin photo query you raised. My apologies if you thought I was being offensive. I was not.

33 minutes ago, gustix said:

I didn't recognise Igor Plechanov because he rode in the 1960s - a period when I had nothing to do with speedway. But I recognised Tommy Sweetman who is also in the photo because we have been friends since 1954. The subsequent action photo that I used of Plechanov was forwarded by a long-time speedway friend (yes I have them!) John Skinner of Defunct Speedway Tracks website.

But you were at the Speedway Star in 1962 and that year Igor was number 10 in their World Rankings so hard to believe you wouldn't recognise him.

Edited by salty

Sid. Full marks for trying to stick up for Gustix, but to be fair this thread was grand until Gustix re-posted something from Chunky that was over a year old. He could have had no motivation other than to stir things up which he has achieved.

1 minute ago, salty said:

But you were at the Speedway Star in 1962 and that year Igor was number 10 in their World Rankings so hard to believe you wouldn't recognise him.

As

If Igor Plechanov was in the 1962 Speedway Star World Ratings I do not recall. But that's hardly a qualification that I should recognise a photo of him. If a BSF member placed a portrait of a 1928 pioneer Australian rider and asked me to name him I doubt that I could.

3 minutes ago, gustix said:

If Igor Plechanov was in the 1962 Speedway Star World Ratings I do not recall. But that's hardly a qualification that I should recognise a photo of him. If a BSF member placed a portrait of a 1928 pioneer Australian rider and asked me to name him I doubt that I could.

Two utterly different issues. One is a top 10 rider from when you were heavily involved as a journalist within the sport. The other is a picture of someone who rode before you were born.

3 hours ago, salty said:

Sid. Full marks for trying to stick up for Gustix, but to be fair this thread was grand until Gustix re-posted something from Chunky that was over a year old. He could have had no motivation other than to stir things up which he has achieved.

I'm NOT annoyed with you salty but think your comment in regard to my motivation for my Post a shade harsh. This forum is to debate matters of speedway interest and that's all I wanted to achieve with my Post. Judging by comments so far I appear to have done that?

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Norbold you took Chunky's side the other week, ???? you always seemed to be fair with Gustix patient and fair .And you have always been terrific with me over the years even when i didn't deserve it sorry if i have offended you.

Sid, it's not a case of taking sides.

What Chunky said was:

Jansson was world class, but not at the very top echelon (Collins, Olsen, Mauger)

His world pairs titles were good achievements, BUT for the most part the riders he beat were not of top quality

Jansson probably would have reached the very top class, but nooone knows for sure.

Those were all pretty reasonable points, you can disagree if you like, but you seem to have taken offence to them. They were not aggressively made, and that is why  Norbold, and I add myself, think you are out of line in your responses. Nothing personal, we have had great discussions on here over the years and I have a great deal of respect for your views on speedway matters, but here I think you are in the wrong.

As for Gustix, it's admirable you stand up for him because you perceive him to be bullied. But, he has managed to annoy many on here, including some of the most mild mannered and polite members of the BSF to the point they have blocked him. You have to ask why this is. As an example, he has recently decided to respond to most of my posts with a laughing emoji.  These were, in my view, perfectly reasonable posts. Why would someone do that? Similarly, he has been asked many reasonable questions, which he simply ignores, and instead posts a new set of links. Why would someone who regularly talks up their credentials as a speedway reporter, then claim not to recognise photos of riders like Ronnie Moore, Ivan Mauger, Plechanov etc? It is very very sad in my opinion that he chooses to act in this way, rather than actually try to contribute. None of us know the guy in "real life" so it's no personal vendetta against him, I think we all just wish he would stop acting like such a complete cockwomble.

• Like 2

You all seem to fall for this Gustixs rubbish. Hes a sad old man whos hopefully nearing the end of his days . 

11 hours ago, salty said:

The name - yes. In a photo -no! A simple equation IMO.

26 minutes ago, Pinny said:

You all seem to fall for this Gustixs rubbish. Hes a sad old man whos hopefully nearing the end of his days . 

Rather vindictive! In several years BSF membership (or on Facebook) that's the first I can recall where a Poster is wishing for somebody to PASS AWAY!

Edited by Guest