British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

US riders of the 30's

1 hour ago, gustix said:

The name - yes. In a photo -no! A simple equation IMO.

Hard to believe IMO

13 hours ago, gustix said:

I have not been kicked off many FB groups. Just one re Wimbledon where the Admin  is the mysterious Terry Mussett?

Wasn’t there a recent group formed through this forum that you somehow wasn’t a member of any more, by accident maybe and they didn’t really want you back ? Plus as I mentioned before there was another Wimbledon speedway group where you wouldn’t have been accepted if you had tried

Just off hand

Why all this insistence that I should be able to recognise Igor Plechanov in a photo? I do  recognise his achievements as a rider, but that's as far as it goes. He rode in era when I had no speedway activity or interest.

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Wasn’t there a recent group formed through this forum that you somehow wasn’t a member of any more, by accident maybe and they didn’t really want you back ? Plus as I mentioned before there was another Wimbledon speedway group where you wouldn’t have been accepted if you had tried

Just off hand

You are correct! There was some weird FB group started by baldyman (??) that blocked me after I had joined. Is it still active? And there is the Terry Muffett-run Wimbledon group that kicked me out. Gosh! I have been a naughty lad by the look of things! On the other hand MAJOR FB groups have me as a member.

2 minutes ago, gustix said:

You are correct! There was some weird FB group started by baldyman (??) that blocked me after I had joined. Is it still active? And there is the Terry Muffett-run Wimbledon group that kicked me out. Gosh! I have been a naughty lad by the look of things! On the other hand MAJOR FB groups have me as a member.

You are a member John, a major one

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gustix said:

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You are a member John, a major one

What FB group do you refer to please? What's its title and I'll do a FB search for it. All these blocks by group is IMO censorship - something we are all supposed to be opposed to. I have a couple of FB groups and while I may disagree with some opinions have never blocked a member although in some instances have deleted a Post - but very few.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, gustix said:

On the other hand MAJOR FB groups have me as a member.

Are they ones your mate Simon belongs to? I can imagine what they are like. Nice the two of you have each other to chat to about the failings of admin of sites like FB and BSF...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Are they ones your mate Simon belongs to? I can imagine what they are like. Nice the two of you have each other to chat to about the failings of admin of sites like FB and BSF...

I have no idea who Simon is! Or what his group's title is. And I do not chat on FB - usually just view items that appear. And there is no fault with BSF Admin - just how some of its poster members react to things. BTW any update on Barry Butterworth?

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Just off hand

Sorry to be a nuisance (!!!) but any chance, to clarify things, how many Wimbledon Facebook groups are there" And if possible their titles please. Here's one of them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/283482255668541/

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, gustix said:

I have no idea who Simon is! Or what his group's title is. And I do not chat on FB - usually just view items that appear. And there is no fault with BSF Admin - just how some of its poster members react to things. BTW any update on Barry Butterworth?

Don't know who Simon is? Lovely bloke with "interesting" views on homosexuals, muslims, immigrants. Used to post on here lots, until people called him out for his bigotry and he started crying about it, especially when Admin wouldn't stick up for him. 

I thought you might know him from the way you regularly tag him in Facebook posts and he replies to you. Might be one of those things you did then forgot about? 

As for Barry Butterworth, I stand by my assertion that the average member of the NZ public wouldn't know who he is. A much more reasonable assertion in my view than a retired speedway journalist claiming not to recognise Ivan Mauger (who coincidentally, the average member of the NZ public would recognise) or Plechanov (top rider in an era he worked at the speedway star). Would you disagree?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gustix said:

What FB group do you refer to please? What's its title and I'll do a FB search for it. All these blocks by group is IMO censorship - something we are all supposed to be opposed to. I have a couple of FB groups and while I may disagree with some opinions have never blocked a member although in some instances have deleted a Post - but very few.

We’ve been here before John. I said I don’t do FB speedway groups. Find them boring and repetitive, quite like yourself really. But I said it was started by someone you upset on Terry Mussetts group, that he always seems to wear red and yellow and goes by some name with Womble  in it. Plus he was among the photos Steve Hone put up from the speedway museum celebration. I can’t give you any more clues than I did last time

It is very difficult having a debate with someone who has the memory of a fly. You keep bumping into the same windows and never learn

Edited by iris123

2 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

Don't know who Simon is? Lovely bloke with "interesting" views on homosexuals, muslims, immigrants. Used to post on here lots, until people called him out for his bigotry and he started crying about it, especially when Admin wouldn't stick up for him. 

I thought you might know him from the way you regularly tag him in Facebook posts and he replies to you. Might be one of those things you did then forgot about? 

Yes! I think I now know who you mean. Obviously an alert for me to be careful in future? BTW I didn't know that you followed me on Facebook!  

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

You all seem to fall for this Gustixs rubbish. Hes a sad old man whos hopefully nearing the end of his days . 

5 hours ago, gustix said:

Rather vindictive! In several years BSF membership (or on Facebook) that's the first I can recall where a Poster is wishing for somebody to PASS AWAY!

Still holding out Pinny! How long do you give me?

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

We’ve been here before John. I said I don’t do FB speedway groups. Find them boring and repetitive, quite like yourself really.

I know how you must feel! Dreadful isn't it?

2 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

As for Barry Butterworth, I stand by my assertion that the average member of the NZ public wouldn't know who he is. A much more reasonable assertion in my view than a retired speedway journalist claiming not to recognise Ivan Mauger (who coincidentally, the average member of the NZ public would recognise) or Plechanov (top rider in an era he worked at the speedway star). Would you disagree?

Ah adonis!!!! Who has gone extremely quiet since being called out on the behavior of members of his family , as well as his own! All on google for everyone to see if you type in his full name. 

• Like 1