British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

US riders of the 30's

1 hour ago, chunky said:

So, I'm not the only one who is getting confused? :blink: 

John does seem to contradict himself a lot, doesn't he? He switches from journalist to layman depending on how he thinks it will benefit his status.

You get confused quite easily Chunky ( i had the balls to opologise  to you when i thought it was the right thing to do yet sweet nothing back from you.??????) You quoted that in 1976 Tommy Jansson was not really world class but in your HUMBLE opinion could of been in the future laughable really stop your agenda against Gustix   really sad getting pretty tiresome now.

Edited by Sidney the robin

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You get confused quite easily Chunky ( i had the balls to opologise  to you when i thought it was the right thing to do yet sweet nothing back from you.??????) You quoted that in 1976 Tommy Jansson was not really world class but in your HUMBLE opinion could of been in the future laughable really stop your agenda against Gustix   really sad getting pretty tiresome now.

Here we go again... Stop telling lies! I said that Tommy was "world class".

It's not an agenda against gustix; it's an agenda against stupidity and contradiction. One day he claims he is a speedway journalist, and the next day he says he wasn't. He has done that AT LEAST twice now.

6 hours ago, chunky said:

If (if...) there is a friendlier attitude on FB, it's because YOU don't treat everybody like sh!t! Still, you've been kicked out of groups on FB, and are barred from others, so what does THAT tell you? Besides, most of us are on FB too, and I have seen some of the crap you have posted there...How sad is it when a "speedway journalist" - and one who supposedly concentrates on the "years gone by" - can't recognise Igor Plechanov, Ronnie Moore, and Ivan Mauger?

I have not been kicked off many FB groups. Just one re Wimbledon where the Admin  is the mysterious Terry Mussett?

I still maintain the photo of Igor Plechanov )with my old mate Tommy Sweetman!) was not recognised by me. He rode in the 1960s when I had a NIL involvement with speedway. I did recognise Tom Sweetman however because he has been a friend since 1954.

And the group photo in which I failed to recognise Ronnie Moore and Ivan Mauger was extremely poor quality on by screen. 

11 minutes ago, gustix said:

(And Chunky please clarify in regard to the photo Post. I have no idea what you are commenting about.

Yout never do, and I don't really understand why. Do you not know what you post on here?

Do you remember the discussion we had about the photo copyrights? You then posted a photo on here that had "The Hellesdon Collection" stamped across the middle!

Now, I don't know, perhaps you had permission from Mike Kemp (I believe he owns The Hellesdon Collection, but I could be wrong) to post that here, but if that is the case, all you had to do was indicate that. A lot of the pics on FB are from the John Somerville collection, but it seems to be standard procedure to state, "Photo courtesy of the John Somerville Collection".

As I said, I used photos from online collections on my blog, but I always posted the correct attribution to cover me legally. That's all we were saying.

12 minutes ago, chunky said:

Here we go again... Stop telling lies! I said that Tommy was "world class".

It's not an agenda against gustix; it's an agenda against stupidity and contradiction. One day he claims he is a speedway journalist, and the next day he says he wasn't. He has done that AT LEAST twice now.

Stupidity maybe it is / Maybe it is not ???  but you are not god and have no right  to lay down the law.Back to Tommy Jansson you did NOT once say that he was REAL world class  you were not convinced you said he could MAY of been in your really  valued opinion.My point was if alive he would of been completing with the best (i.e.) 1976 onwards most people would of  anyway not rocket science,Chunky.!!!!!!!' Did you  disagree because i commented   on it ? also don't call me a Liar Chunky my memory is as good if not better than yours.

Edited by Sidney the robin

10 minutes ago, gustix said:

I have not been kicked off many FB groups. Just one re Wimbledon where the Admin  is the mysterious Terry Mussett?

I still maintain the photo of Igor Plechanov )with my old mate Tommy Sweetman!) was not recognised by me. He rode in the 1960s when I had a NIL involvement with speedway. I did recognise Tom Sweetman however because he has been a friend since 1954.

And the group photo in which I failed to recognise Ronnie Moore and Ivan Mauger was extremely poor quality on by screen. 

There is nothing mysterious about Terry Mussett, and I cannot fathom why you still main there is. He is a former Wimbledon rider. End of.

I know you didn't recognise Igor Plechanov; I just don't understand why you didn't. It made the situation even more confusing when you followed with a post about Igor! It seems strange that you knew it was him in an action photo, but not in a portrait.

I'm sorry that the photo of Ronnie and Ivan was apparently poor on your screen, but they were instantly recognisable to the rest of us.

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Stupidity maybe it is / Maybe it is not ???  but you are not god and have no right  to lay down the law.Back to Tommy Jansson you did NOT once say that he was REAL world class  you were not convinced you said he could MAY of been in your really  valued opinion.My point was if alive he would of been completing with the best (i.e.) 1976 onwards most people would of  anyway not rocket science,Chunky.!!!!!!!' Did you  disagree because i commented   on it ? also don't call me a Liar Chunky my memory is as good if not better than yours.

You either can't read or you're a liar; make up your mind.

If it makes you happy, I'm a f*cking moron! I'm f*cking stupid, and I can't remember sh*t! I wish I was as f*cking smart as you and knew as much about speedway as you!

There. Happy???

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Two interesting comments Sidney the robin. A rarity from me in regard to what's appearing in this BSF thread. I fully endorse the views you make.

2 minutes ago, chunky said:

You either can't read or you're a liar; make up your mind.

If it makes you happy, I'm a f*cking moron! I'm f*cking stupid, and I can't remember sh*t! I wish I was as f*cking smart as you and knew as much about speedway as you!

There. Happy???

Very very happy with that statement don't CRY Chunky what a bitter man you are but concerning Tommy Jansson we shall leave that eh save you the embarrassment.Concerning Gustix you seem to enjoy badgering him yes do it but show a bit of humanity.

12 minutes ago, chunky said:

There is nothing mysterious about Terry Mussett, and I cannot fathom why you still main there is. He is a former Wimbledon rider. End of.

I know you didn't recognise Igor Plechanov; I just don't understand why you didn't. It made the situation even more confusing when you followed with a post about Igor! It seems strange that you knew it was him in an action photo, but not in a portrait.

I'm sorry that the photo of Ronnie and Ivan was apparently poor on your screen, but they were instantly recognisable to the rest of us.

I didn't recognise Igor Plechanov because he rode in the 1960s - a period when I had nothing to do with speedway. But I recognised Tommy Sweetman who is also in the photo because we have been friends since 1954. The subsequent action photo that I used of Plechanov was forwarded by a long-time speedway friend (yes I have them!) John Skinner of Defunct Speedway Tracks website.

25 minutes ago, chunky said:

Yout never do, and I don't really understand why. Do you not know what you post on here?

Do you remember the discussion we had about the photo copyrights? You then posted a photo on here that had "The Hellesdon Collection" stamped across the middle!

Now, I don't know, perhaps you had permission from Mike Kemp (I believe he owns The Hellesdon Collection, but I could be wrong) to post that here, but if that is the case, all you had to do was indicate that.

Err!! Mike Kemp of 'The Hellesdon Collection' has been a friend (yes I do have them!!!) for about 15 years. And I have his permission to use any photos he sends to me without using constant reference. 

2 minutes ago, norbold said:

Please just STOP,  Sidney.

Why Norbold ? you are a man i respect immensely yet you think Chunky can behave in any which way he wants to i oppose to that.

17 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Very very happy with that statement don't CRY Chunky what a bitter man you are but concerning Tommy Jansson we shall leave that eh save you the embarrassment.Concerning Gustix you seem to enjoy badgering him yes do it but show a bit of humanity.

9 minutes ago, norbold said:

I think Sidney the robin is doing a good job. Certainly in regard IMO to deflating a few egoes. I have been a contact friend of his for some years. IMO he has a talent for bursting egoistical bubbles by some BSF posters.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, norbold said:

Norbold you took Chunky's side the other week, ???? you always seemed to be fair with Gustix patient and fair .And you have always been terrific with me over the years even when i didn't deserve it sorry if i have offended you.