British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Transponders and qualifying times introduced in GP’s in 2019

1 minute ago, Trees said:

It'll always be a problem whilst BSI run the show, each GP should be run by it's own federation imo

Why?  What benefits would that bring to the GP series.?

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

Why?  What benefits would that bring to the GP series.?

The federations get the money made from the GPs not BSI .........

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

The federations get the money made from the GPs not BSI .........

AND who pays for them in the first place? 

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

AND who pays for them in the first place? 

The federations if that's what you mean ....... 

I don’t know how much, or even if there is money to be made. Are there no losses? What about New Zealand, and more recently Australia.?  Would some of the current countries not hold a gp? Or would all gps be in Poland and one in Cardiff?

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

I don’t know how much, or even if there is money to be made. Are there no losses? What about New Zealand, and more recently Australia.?  Would some of the current countries not hold a gp? Or would all gps be in Poland and one in Cardiff?

BSI wouldn't hold onto the rights of there was no money to be made?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

If FIM makes it mandatory then the Polish league has nothing to say. Easy.

Who’s the top dog in the FIM? 

U sure?

5 hours ago, Trees said:

It'll always be a problem whilst BSI run the show, each GP should be run by it's own federation imo

Not sure you even know what your on about... Warsaw is run by PZM. Cardiff is BSI. You only need to read the SR’s of the meetings to see who is organising then. The other Polish GP’s are probably the local clubs. Not all GP’s have the same deal...

59 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Not sure you even know what your on about... Warsaw is run by PZM. Cardiff is BSI. You only need to read the SR’s of the meetings to see who is organising then. The other Polish GP’s are probably the local clubs. Not all GP’s have the same deal...

AND BSI pay the FIM millions each year for the commercial rights.

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

All of the ones that are not run by BSI will be paying a hefty fee to BSI, though!

Not that I am against BSI...I am 100% confident we would never have had Cardiff if the series stayed in the hands of the local federations. 

The British GP would probably currently be getting held at Kings Lynn if that had happened.

8 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Thats how it works.0

8 hours ago, HenryW said:

All of the ones that are not run by BSI will be paying a hefty fee to BSI, though!

Are they? Or is that an assumption? Hefty is also quite a general way of defining things. Torun hefty is not the same as Hallstavik hefty... 

And what ever they are paying, thats the deal they’ve agreed to.

10 hours ago, f-s-p said:

So the PZM take all the gate monies, sponsorship and TV monies from that GP? If they do then great .... I eat my words, well done BSI!

9 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

It's the profit they make that speedway misses out on ...

10 minutes ago, Trees said:

So the PZM take all the gate monies, sponsorship and TV monies from that GP? If they do then great .... I eat my words, well done BSI!

If thats their deal with BSI then yes. I’ve never seen the contract so wouldnt know.

THE TV fees obviously go to BSI, part of the "commercial" deal because it is they who provide all the facilities, pictures, etc and negotiate with the various countries that screen the series.