British Speedway Forum

On a trip down memory lane yesterday looking through past statistics. What came to my attention was the number 3 position. 

I noticed Peter Carr rocking up at Berwick with an 11 plus average (Jan Anderson's full house). Paul Bentley also had a great season from the same position a season later. Was this rider preference or foresight from the team manager? 

Doubt it would have made much difference if any to either riders scoring, had they been at say 1 or 5. But giving say heat 13 a miss at Stoke against Pickering and Staechman and going in 12 and against  "Buzz" Burrows and Dean Felton is probably another guaranteed 3 points for the high performing visiting  number 3.

Nothing against Dean he did a great job partnering Wesley Waite in 2000.

I think back then you could ride at either 1, 3 or 5 if you had the highest average. But it seems to me number three was the easier number to ride at. A ride less against Ray Morton/Sean Wilson back in 2000 per programme rides would be another consideration for rider/tm.

Maybe the rules today in this regard have been a positive change? Safeguarding Heat 13's as the main race of the night. 

Edited by Robinh88

11 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

On a trip down memory lane yesterday looking through past statistics. What came to my attention was the number 3 position. 

I noticed Peter Carr rocking up at Berwick with an 11 plus average (Jan Anderson's full house). Paul Bentley also had a great season from the same position a season later. Was this rider preference or foresight from the team manager? 

Doubt it would have made much difference if any to either riders scoring, had they been at say 1 or 5. But giving say heat 13 a miss at Stoke against Pickering and Staechman and going in 12 and against  "Buzz" Burrows and Dean Felton is probably another guaranteed 3 points for the high performing visiting  number 3.

Nothing against Dean he did a great job partnering Wesley Waite in 2000.

I think back then you could ride at either 1, 3 or 5 if you had the highest average. But it seems to me number three was the easier number to ride at. A ride less against Ray Morton/Sean Wilson back in 2000 per programme rides would be another consideration for rider/tm.

Maybe the rules today in this regard have been a positive change? Safeguarding Heat 13's as the main race of the night. 

wot a load of rubbish you speak

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, cornhillroundabout said:

wot a load of rubbish you speak

Pot... kettle... black 

10 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Pot... kettle... black 

your will no mmmmmmmm lollol

1 hour ago, cornhillroundabout said:

your will no mmmmmmmm lollol

translations can be found by using the app on your smart phone . it works for all forms of language . but this one may have it goosed . lolololol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jenga said:

translations can be found by using the app on your smart phone . it works for all forms of language . but this one may have it goosed . lolololol

You're one to speak with the posts you make :t:

I thought, at one time, it was a different language in "Wuckintun"!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

aye , just like the Yorkshire twang .

7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

It is if you watch any tourist programmes about Cumbria and the Lake district the use of subtitles for normal people is required.

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

It is if you watch any tourist programmes about Cumbria and the Lake district the use of subtitles for normal people is required.

its good to hear you have no use for the subtitles .

• Haha 1