British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Ricky Ashworth on BBC breakfast this morning.

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Amazing - well done Ricky - will we see him at the Paralympics one day?

just fantastic,be great to see him at poole this summer,all the best ricky,a truly courageous and determined young man in a sport which is full of them 

10 minutes ago, gustix said:

Ricky Ashworth - he is indeed a courageous young man.

Ben Fund organisers are you reading - people like Ricky is what this fund is about I'm sure the fans would love to see him do a lap at Leicester, on a tandem or on the tractor, as much as us fans would love to see him.

• Like 1

i cant believe it was that long ago .super guy and a top family . best of luck on the solo ride .

Thanks for posting that Steve - Id left for work and missed it

Brought a tear to the eyes and a lump to the throat

What a fantastic effort from Ricky and his family. Great to see the huge improvements being made and no one can doubt that there will be more successful progress given the attitude of determination :t:

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What a brilliant feature. A fantastic effort by a courageous star. Ricky will always be a hero at Sheffield Tigers and the other clubs he raced for.

What is also amazing is a Speedway related item on main stream BBC One. I read something about this and Ricky in the Speedway Star a few weeks ago. I can only think the BBC must have picked it up from SS...so well done whoever did this at the SS or the BSPA press office.

Edited by Speedtiger

Well done Ricky. For courage and determination you are the TOPS!!!

Very best and sincere wishes for your future. I loved your riding and I hope your dream of a solo ride is fulfilled.

• Like 2

Not sure Mike Bushell is rightnin caling it a road to redemption. Road to recovery, yes.

Nice post Steve ..feel bad as I had forgotten about him ..The story makes you feel very humble and understand  how lucky we are just to be  able to do the normal things in life 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

What a brilliant feature. A fantastic effort by a courageous star. Ricky will always be a hero at Sheffield Tigers and the other clubs he raced for.

What is also amazing is a Speedway related item on main stream BBC One. I read something about this and Ricky in the Speedway Star a few weeks ago. I can only think the BBC must have picked it up from SS...so well done whoever did this at the SS or the BSPA press office.

Steve at Belle Vue helped sort it along with David and Chris who have a good relationship with the the nearby velodrome. 

• Thanks 1