British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Jones

"Speedway in East Anglia" is now officially a thing

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Details

Jan Graversen Chris Schramm Kasper Wortmanm think that was his name ?  there was a Finnish rider can’t remember his name think there was a Pole as well - Jason King which he sold on I think to Newcastle- there was others as well who I can’t remember there names 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Haza said:

Jan Graversen Chris Schramm Kasper Wortmanm think that was his name ?  there was a Finnish rider can’t remember his name think there was a Pole as well - Jason King which he sold on I think to Newcastle- there was others as well who I can’t remember there names 

Pretty sure Danny King was one.Remember watching him practising at Lynn just before he won the British Final and someone telling me he is a Lynn asset,due to when Buster took on Mildenhall.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Haza said:

Jari Makinen was the Finnish rider. There was some absolute dud Poles in Truminski and Mroz too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Pretty sure Danny King was one.Remember watching him practising at Lynn just before he won the British Final and someone telling me he is a Lynn asset,due to when Buster took on Mildenhall.

Not 100% certain but Danny was Ipswich asset, sold to Peterborough, then Birmingham.  When Birmingham shut after leaving el and closing, then I think Danny became kl asset:unsure:

• Like 1

Every time I see this thread I think, speedway has always been a THING in East Anglia, we are blessed with 4 tracks, it's great, especially now 3 are in the same league :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Haza said:

I am sure Henning Loof  should be on the list as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badge said:

Not 100% certain but Danny was Ipswich asset, sold to Peterborough, then Birmingham.  When Birmingham shut after leaving el and closing, then I think Danny became kl asset:unsure:

Thats right Badge

Buster picked up Danny after he became a BSPA asset when Birmingham failed

22 minutes ago, mrss said:

I am sure Henning Loof  should be on the list as well.

Yes I’m sure you are right 

On 2/18/2019 at 9:06 PM, SPEEDY69 said:

Didn't notice Mildenhall on there either.

Possibly because this is about the local rivalry in the Premiership, which when I last looked Mildenhall were not in.

4 hours ago, Badge said:

It was a few years ago now,well only 3:D,my memory isn't that great.But i do know that he is a KL asset.As i said i was told by his mechanic who i know very well at KL when practicing in readiness for the British Final.Danny was just returning from injury hence him practicing on a Sunday during an amateur meeting.

Edited by tellboy