British Speedway Forum
britmet

1951 SA Tour of Europe

Recent extensive research of on-line international press archives by Cape-based expat David Austin has clarified and significantly extended the detail of the 1951 5-country tour of Europe by the South African speedway Test team led by Buddy Fuller.

Originally posted 15 years ago on the now-frozen 'Internationalspeedway' website, the updated comprehensive data on the 21 meetings undertaken by the S.African team is now to be found on the Speedway-SA website, HERE

www.speedwaychampions.com
www.speedway-sa.com

Edited by britmet
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, britmet said:

Recent extensive research of on-line international press archives by Cape-based expat David Austin has clarified and significantly extended the detail of the 1951 5-country tour of Europe by the South African speedway Test team led by Buddy Fuller.

Originally posted 15 years ago on the now-frozen 'Internationalspeedway' website, the updated comprehensive data on the 21 meetings undertaken by the S.African team is now to be found on the Speedway-SA website, HERE

www.speedway-sa.com

Very interesting article.Just look at

some of those crowds!!!

13 hours ago, britmet said:

www.speedway-sa.com

I have a query in regard to the underlined comment that the website is frozen. I have just visited there and it appears - to me at least - that it is 'business as usual'. Do other visitors find there is a contrary happening to my own finding? 

http://www.internationalspeedway.co.uk/links.htm

1 minute ago, gustix said:

I have a query in regard to the underlined comment that the website is frozen. I have just visited there and it appears - to me at least - that it is 'business as usual'. Do other visitors find there is a contrary happening to my own finding? 

The answer is on the thread you created just to ask this question :blink: Now you decide to ask again here.Then wonder why people think you are dicking around?

28 minutes ago, gustix said:

25 minutes ago, iris123 said:

The answer is on the thread you created just to ask this question :blink: Now you decide to ask again here.Then wonder why people think you are dicking around?

Sadly, the sort of response I might expect from you. Indeed I did query the same issue on a thread elsewhere - not all users there may also enter YEARS GONE BY. I regard the Brian Collins website as being one of the most informative dedicated to the sport's international history which was why I decided to Post my query on several BSF threads. But let's smile about my apparent misdemeanour - it enabled you to YET AGAIN criticise me.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, gustix said:

Sadly, the sort of response I might expect from you. Indeed I did query the same issue on a thread elsewhere - not all users there may also enter YEARS GONE BY. I regard the Brian Collins website as being one of the most informative dedicated to the sport's international history which was why I decided to Post my query o several BSF threads. But let's smile about my apparent misdemeanour - it enabled you to YET AGAIN criticise me.

Surely it is not of such importance to you that you can't wait, say 30 minutes or even an hour or two for someone to answer? As it was,you got the answer pretty quick and still have to ask elsewhere....probably a pm to britmet who mentioned the site would have sufficed.But no......

Let's stop this nonsense yet again and get on with this thread

51 minutes ago, gustix said:

To clarify for the benefit of others. Brian's excellent 'Internationalspeedway' website is still open,  but since the advent of Windows 10, after almost 15 years, his site-builder programme no longer functions in Win.10,  So no updates or additions, - for any area or Tests - , nor even an explanation, are possible. 
There has been no 'business as usual' for about 2 years. The site is, in effect, frozen.  

• Like 1