British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kitten2502

Helping your club........

27 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

Asking fans for help with pre-season tidying up is a common thing.  At Hull , Craven Park there were promises of tea / coffee & biccies, with maybe fish & chips if the work extended past tea-time, sadly I was never able to join the fun as it was always on a week day.  Two local girls regularly tidied up pits, changing rooms, etc.  On one occasion help was requested to paint the safety fence, one enterprising chap turned up and painted the entire fence, kickboards on straights boards on the bends, all by himself taking some 8 hours.  Refused any form of payment, now that's dedication.  Also, pit accomodation for 2nd halfers was roomy, in front of the old dog kennels....

that's what i call a real fan . to the 'fan' who started all this GROW UP.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Along with Kings Lynn, Belle Vue, Rye house, Cov and im sure a few others. All most 2nd half riders really want is a bit of space, level ground and some level of light. There are plenty which do just that and plenty who just see the additional riders to accommodate as a nuisance. 

I've been in KL, RH and Coventry pits; they didn't seem to have. Or do you mean that they let you in some corner? The old BV certainly didn't.

4 minutes ago, *JJ said:

I've been in KL, RH and Coventry pits; they didn't seem to have. Or do you mean that they let you in some corner? The old BV certainly didn't.

Lynn used to supply plenty of space under cover for 2 halves, Cov had pokey corner round the back of the main pits used to have a bit of space in the back corner but not enough for 2 development league teams but certainly enough when a few juniors had a run out. Im told the new Belle Vue has a huge area supplied and the riders were very well catered & cared for (another loss for the development leagues).

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Lynn used to supply plenty of space under cover for 2 halves, Cov had pokey corner round the back of the main pits used to have a bit of space in the back corner but not enough for 2 development league teams but certainly enough when a few juniors had a run out. Im told the new Belle Vue has a huge area supplied and the riders were very well catered & cared for (another loss for the development leagues).

Facilities for the juniors at BV are very good. At a lot of tracks, they provide a quiet area for initial unloading, setting up and warming up, then it's a big scramble to get into the seniors pits when they leaving after heat 15.   

• Like 1

22 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Asking fans for help with pre-season tidying up is a common thing.  At Hull , Craven Park there were promises of tea / coffee & biccies, with maybe fish & chips if the work extended past tea-time, sadly I was never able to join the fun as it was always on a week day.  Two local girls regularly tidied up pits, changing rooms, etc.  On one occasion help was requested to paint the safety fence, one enterprising chap turned up and painted the entire fence, kickboards on straights boards on the bends, all by himself taking some 8 hours.  Refused any form of payment, now that's dedication.  Also, pit accomodation for 2nd halfers was roomy, in front of the old dog kennels....

in 1974 me and a mate from school done the fence at workington for ivan and briggo when they came and done somematch races,we had a sweeping brush a wheelbarrow and some bags of lime to do it ,tool a few days but had to have it done for my heros .