British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Unforeseen circumstances

8 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

I'm not being deliberately obtuse but I don't follow your comment.

All I saw was this:

1. Glasgow sack rider due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
  2. Furious debate here and elsewhere as to what is was
  3. Glasgow make statement to clarify.

Surely, if they had announced the details at the outset, most of this nonsense would have been eliminated. 

Perhaps a case of learning lessons,

Will the real Robert 72 please stand up?

• Haha 1

Just as Rye House had ‘unforeseen circumstances ‘ when they cancelled their meeting against Swindon if I recall.

Theirs was terminal unfortunately!

On 2/25/2019 at 9:20 PM, Richard Weston said:

I'm not being deliberately obtuse but I don't follow your comment.

All I saw was this:

1. Glasgow sack rider due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
  2. Furious debate here and elsewhere as to what is was
  3. Glasgow make statement to clarify.

Surely, if they had announced the details at the outset, most of this nonsense would have been eliminated. 

Perhaps a case of learning lessons,

It is quite clear (to me, at any rate), that Glasgow wanted to keep the reasons 'in house,' quite possibly to allow Joe Lawlor to get fixed up with another team in the future.  Now they have decided to 'tell all,' they may  just have made that possibilty a whole lot more unlikely.

• Like 3

Lawlor has claimed on NL Twitter feed that Glasgow called Bickley and agree his transfer before Lawlor made the comments to Hotel Owner that supposedly led to his sacking.

Been widely reported that Bickley was nagging Glasgow repeatedly once Workington closed.

Sad to saw that neither come out of this smelling of roses, Lawlor due to his indiscretions and Bickley trying to get a team place off a fellow rider. 

5 hours ago, HGould said:

Lawlor has claimed on NL Twitter feed that Glasgow called Bickley and agree his transfer before Lawlor made the comments to Hotel Owner that supposedly led to his sacking.

Been widely reported that Bickley was nagging Glasgow repeatedly once Workington closed.

Sad to saw that neither come out of this smelling of roses, Lawlor due to his indiscretions and Bickley trying to get a team place off a fellow rider. 

Hmmmm. But Joe has already lied hasn't he. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Hmmmm. But Joe has already lied hasn't he. :unsure:

It's all very messy, but I think Facena's Facebook post stated that Kyle had been in contact looking for a team spot after the Comets closed.

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

It's all very messy, but I think Facena's Facebook post stated that Kyle had been in contact looking for a team spot after the Comets closed.

Agreed, but it would seem like Joe opened the door for him with his behaviour. If you had lost a teamplace you would try to see if there was a place anywhere. Remember they chased him first, so it would be obviously the first place to go.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Son of Shaleman said:

Baffled by that one

Yes me too. He was a Leicester fan so why would he be bothered what Glasgow do. 

All very unsavoury from both riders involved however whilst im not a huge fan of either one is well sponsored, ruthless and fully aware of the modern PR aspects of the sport and is more than likely going to go far in the sport having been almost bred to succeed in Speedway. The other is a hot head with limited a skill set, equipment or appreciation of the dedication many others have put in to get where they are and would have fallen by the wayside at some point anyway.

• Thanks 1

Just seen Speedway Star and the story takes up most of page two.The last sentence is interesting...the rider declining to comment.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StevePark said:

It is quite clear (to me, at any rate), that Glasgow wanted to keep the reasons 'in house,' quite possibly to allow Joe Lawlor to get fixed up with another team in the future.  Now they have decided to 'tell all,' they may  just have made that possibilty a whole lot more unlikely.

Although I believe the reason they decided to "tell all" is because they were constantly being accused on social media of lying, can't really blame them for that. 

It does make you wonder though, about a month before the end of Sheffield's fixtures last season, it was announced that the Tigers would use "Their own asset, Joe Lawlor" for the rest of the season, as they had nothing left to play for.  Then a couple of weeks later, he's dropped. If that was purely for averages etc then I apologise of course, but as I said at the start, it does make one wonder.... 

Edited by Tigerblade
  • Like 1