British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DitchLev

Sell me your team to Support

2 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Sorry, they're all wrong! It has to be Sheffield. Great knowledgeable supporters and a team which, along with Belle Vue, is the longest established in the UK. 

Owlerton has the best viewing facilities available to any team in the country, currently being further developed with the addition of a banqueting suite to open later this summer. The only venue where you can enjoy a silver-service carvery whilst watching the speedway.

The track is the fastest in the country and Ricky Ashworth is still the fastest man in British speedway with his record of 59.1 seconds around the 361metre track, achieved on 15th October 2010 (giving him an unmatched average speed of 54.66mph over 4 laps).

The real clincher for any speedway fan is that Sheffield is at the very geographical epicentre of UK speedway, being equidistant from the furthest-flung speedway outposts. Plot 'em out on a map if you don't believe me!

Brilliantly put case for Sheffield, only problem is the nose bleed us southerners get travelling north of Watford :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

Brilliantly put case for Sheffield, only problem is the nose bleed us southerners get travelling north of Watford :)

Nose bleeds? Don't worry, Owlerton has the best medical facility of any UK speedway venue (totally in keeping with the best team on the best track at the best venue in the best city in the UK).

Riders are queueing up to have a crash at Sheffield just to sample the delights of the state-of-the-art medical facility. Nose bleeds? Not a problem.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Nose bleeds? Don't worry, Owlerton has the best medical facility of any UK speedway venue (totally in keeping with the best team on the best track at the best venue in the best city in the UK).

Riders are queueing up to have a crash at Sheffield just to sample the delights of the state-of-the-art medical facility. Nose bleeds? Not a problem.

looking forward to seeing all those great medical gizmos being put to full use . why is it they crash on the best / fastest track in the uk , is it unsafe ?

Guest WTF1
13 hours ago, jenga said:

looking forward to seeing all those great medical gizmos being put to full use . why is it they crash on the best / fastest track in the uk , is it unsafe ?

It's maybe fast but usually serves up gate and go racing,  

6 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

It's maybe fast but usually serves up gate and go racing,  

i think that applies to %90 of all tracks due to the way most tracks are set up . rider skills and the modern machinery .. roll on the electric speedway bike ...

Leicester Lions for me, loyal support even when we are propping up the league year after year but still we stand by our boys.....thick & thin.....we'll be on the terraces

if it is via social media and not in person..

follow them all i.e be a speedway fan in general

• Like 2

On 2/26/2019 at 11:53 AM, 4thbender said:

Sorry, they're all wrong! It has to be Sheffield. Great knowledgeable supporters and a team which, along with Belle Vue, is the longest established in the UK. 

Owlerton has the best viewing facilities available to any team in the country, currently being further developed with the addition of a banqueting suite to open later this summer. The only venue where you can enjoy a silver-service carvery whilst watching the speedway.

The track is the fastest in the country and Ricky Ashworth is still the fastest man in British speedway with his record of 59.1 seconds around the 361metre track, achieved on 15th October 2010 (giving him an unmatched average speed of 54.66mph over 4 laps).

The real clincher for any speedway fan is that Sheffield is at the very geographical epicentre of UK speedway, being equidistant from the furthest-flung speedway outposts. Plot 'em out on a map if you don't believe me!

Plus this upcoming season, Sheffield have signed arguably the hottest British teenage prospect to race for them ;)

On 2/24/2019 at 7:24 PM, ScunnyDan said:

Scunny... awesome racing week in week out, great friendly people and the best food in British Speedway at very reasonable prices

Friendly people... yes

Best food... probably - the steak pie is awesome, but the fish & chips at Mildenhall is my personal favourite 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 2:06 PM, gazzac said:

Sheffield is in the Midlands, so not too much of a shock for Southerners 

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

Friendly people... yes

Best food... probably - the steak pie is awesome, but the fish & chips at Mildenhall is my personal favourite 

At the risk repeating myself...……….best food are the Isle of Wight specials. The chicken curry (personally made by Barry Bishop) is the best home made I have ever tasted and the sausage casserole is almost as good.

At £3.50 for a plate full with a lump of bread, I usually have two helpings and skip a meal to have it.

The only one that came close was when John Anderson was running Berwick. Those burgers were fantastic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

At the risk repeating myself...……….best food are the Isle of Wight specials. The chicken curry (personally made by Barry Bishop) is the best home made I have ever tasted and the sausage casserole is almost as good.

At £3.50 for a plate full with a lump of bread, I usually have two helpings and skip a meal to have it.

The only one that came close was when John Anderson was running Berwick. Those burgers were fantastic. 

Far better burgers at Berwick last season from young Rob Grant

Just now, balderdash&piffle said:

Far better burgers at Berwick last season from young Rob Grant

:o

I have had a few bad experiences with speedway food - the rubbish they sell at Belle Vue has to be seen to be believed - so I usually just rely on recommendations.

Plan is to do Berwick in May, so I'll take you up on that one :t: