British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DitchLev

Sell me your team to Support

8 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

:o

I have had a few bad experiences with speedway food - the rubbish they sell at Belle Vue has to be seen to be believed - so I usually just rely on recommendations.

Plan is to do Berwick in May, so I'll take you up on that one :t:

Sadly, and I do mean SADLY, The Grants will not be doing the catering this season.  Jamie Courtney is having a go at doing the catering, so I wouldn't give you much hope. :rofl:

18 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

At the risk repeating myself...……….best food are the Isle of Wight specials. The chicken curry (personally made by Barry Bishop) is the best home made I have ever tasted and the sausage casserole is almost as good.

At £3.50 for a plate full with a lump of bread, I usually have two helpings and skip a meal to have it.

The only one that came close was when John Anderson was running Berwick. Those burgers were fantastic. 

With all the chat on here about food, you'd think we were discussing the Michelin guide. Who goes to speedway to buy food anyway? If you want food you go to a restaurant; speedway is about muck and bullets, not the comparative gastronomic delights of the stadium burger bar. Get a grip!

Anyone remember the hot Roast Pork sandwiches at Cradley Heath.

And you also got some fantastic speedway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Anyone remember the hot Roast Pork sandwiches at Cradley Heath.

And you also got some fantastic speedway.

Use to love our visits to Cradley mainly for the roast pork sandwiches and stuffing.Because all Lynn use to get was a good old stuffing when we went:D.Although we did get a win once when i went,think that was when Henka rode for us.

Eastbourne. Its pretty much a team that Lakeside may have put together if the were Championship this year anyway.

The club has been great to support the last few years and I think it will only get better

• Like 1

So what I think you should do is to try and visit each championship track at least once this year and make your mind up from that. You could even come onto 'The Speedway Tavern' and review each track for us as you sample them. Would be an interesting excercise to get the view of a nuetral as each fan usually believes that there own track is the best. Even sparrows fans!

21 hours ago, 4thbender said:

With all the chat on here about food, you'd think we were discussing the Michelin guide. Who goes to speedway to buy food anyway? If you want food you go to a restaurant; speedway is about muck and bullets, not the comparative gastronomic delights of the stadium burger bar. Get a grip!

Probably because the entertainment value of speedway is so bad, it's more exciting to talk about fast food outlets.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2019 at 11:00 AM, 4thbender said:

Judging by the queues lots of them. Many clubs could do with the extra revenue 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 2:14 PM, balderdash&piffle said:

Since when Chris, Sheffield is in South Yorkshire. Southerner:wub:

Yorkshire is in the Midlands 

On 3/6/2019 at 4:07 PM, bruno said:

If Sheffields in the Midlands I must be a Cockney:rolleyes:

The North starts at Newcastle. There’s a Road sign there that says so

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:00 AM, 4thbender said:

I tend to agree. There's only one reason to go to speedway, and its not eating. I very rarely eat speedway food because in my (limited) experience it is bloody awful (Tsunami's truly revolting burger at Sheffield probably being the nadir). Isle Of Wight are very much the exception. 

Then again, if the food is good and reasonably priced why not ?

Whatever the case, its hard to argue with Shadders. In almost every case, there is a queue at food outlets before a meeting starts (and usually during as well). 

7 hours ago, Shadders said:

Judging by the queues lots of them. Many clubs could do with the extra revenue 

Edited by Halifaxtiger

11 hours ago, Shadders said:

Yorkshire is in the Midlands 

The North starts at Newcastle. There’s a Road sign there that says so

Remind me not to stand next to you at Sheffield, when they come looking for you :party:

For a number of clubs the profits that are produced for the catering does not go into the clubs pockets it goes into the pockets of the landlords of the stadium, and they have very little or no say in what is served up.

Having viewed on FB some of the stuff that Barry Bishop eats, I would be very wary of anything that is homemade by him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's clear from these comments that regardless of tracks, it's really the people who most matter. I've followed my beloved Brummies for the last 66 years and I know that speedway people are the best people in the world, so whichever team you decide to follow, enjoy a great season.

• Like 2