British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DitchLev

Sell me your team to Support

Zummerzet. ..friendly club, good facilities, great racetrack, only couple of miles from beach at Burnham-on-Sea. Pity i cant watch Swindon there this season.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 10:17 AM, spin king said:

For a number of clubs the profits that are produced for the catering does not go into the clubs pockets it goes into the pockets of the landlords of the stadium, and they have very little or no say in what is served up.

Having viewed on FB some of the stuff that Barry Bishop eats, I would be very wary of anything that is homemade by him. 

Trust me, I only use the most fresh and free range produce for my home made curry... please comd and try it.  :)

On 3/9/2019 at 10:17 AM, spin king said:

For a number of clubs the profits that are produced for the catering does not go into the clubs pockets it goes into the pockets of the landlords of the stadium, and they have very little or no say in what is served up.

Having viewed on FB some of the stuff that Barry Bishop eats, I would be very wary of anything that is homemade by him. 

If Barry Bishop makes that Curry down at the IOW then there is nowt wrong with it, its the best curry i have ever tasted at a Speedway Track, indeed its almost worth the journey for the curry alone ;), I would go so far as to say it puts a lot of well known Takeaway establishments to shame.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2019 at 8:32 PM, Shadders said:

Yorkshire is in the Midlands 

The North starts at Newcastle. There’s a Road sign there that says so

Really, I thought it was Watford Gap where the North started?

just posted this on the Scuuny page sounds too good to be true ???

Scorpions have held adult entry fees at £16, with their opening meeting coming on April 5 when they host Championship newcomers Leicester.

Godfrey said: “We offer one of the most attractive set of admission prices across the entire Championship, and that will again be the case in 2019.

“We realise the need to provide a good value-for-money package. That doesn’t just cover the admission, but also the complete works – such as the programme and the ((( food. ))))

“It doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to watch speedway in Scunthorpe and that’s important if you want people to come back every week.”

3 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Decent value tbf

joke

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:14 PM, Lionsman66 said:

Leicester Lions for me, loyal support even when we are propping up the league year after year but still we stand by our boys.....thick & thin.....we'll be on the terraces

just think how much support you would get if people knew it was there, across the road is a massive shopping centre with thousands of people, who have,nt got a clue, I saw a large notice board there ,WHATS ON IN THIS AREA,  guess what was missing !  since the track was built never seen one advert for the sport , why nobody as put a bike on display outside Tesco,s is   a no brainer  it,s the best kept secret round here, but people who run speedway have never had a clue.  anyway went in the local pub sunday   no mention of it there ,the good thing is nobody will moan about noise ,whey will think the roads are busy with traffic.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Decent value tbf

Is it? Or is the Championship over priced or is the Premiership undervalued? To me the Championship is over priced before starting to bang the good value drum.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Is it? Or is the Championship over priced or is the Premiership undervalued? To me the Championship is over priced before starting to bang the goo value drum.

At a push a £1 a heat is fair

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Is it? Or is the Championship over priced or is the Premiership undervalued? To me the Championship is over priced before starting to bang the good value drum.

Considering most of the Championship riders ride in the Premiership, prices should be pretty close.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Think £16 for Scunny is brilliant value, just my opinion though

As is the Eagles, Lions, Sheffield Tigers and Rebels value too.  Don't know what all the fuss is about;  Scorpions promoter bigging up what seems to be much of a muchness.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:24 AM, StevePark said:

Considering most of the Championship riders ride in the Premiership, prices should be pretty close.

In completely different roles. If you take Somerset's side from last year and then compare it to this years, they are lightyears apart.