British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DitchLev

Sell me your team to Support

On 2/24/2019 at 6:43 PM, DitchLev said:

Okay people, with the demise of my beloved Hackney and Arena/Lakeside, to support over the last 50 years. I want to follow a Championship team with the same passion and interest. Let me know why I should support your team, and I'll make my decision by the end of February. Happy New Season folks and enjoy your Speedway.

have you not made your mind up yet as to what team to support from a distance ?   will it be a Brexit decision and be made at the last hurdle or will it be made at the end of the 2019 season . just that its dragging on a bit and time is short to the start of the new season . maybe Brexit will be decided before you do . but good lick with her final outcome . LOL :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, Najjer said:

Is it? Or is the Championship over priced or is the Premiership undervalued? To me the Championship is over priced before starting to bang the good value drum.

I think British speedway generally is overpriced for what it actually offers. That being said every once in a while you see a great meeting.

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

I think British speedway generally is overpriced for what it actually offers. That being said every once in a while you see a great meeting.

should have been @ workington for the 3 semis and the 3 finals . those meetings will take some beating for entertainment .

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 5:50 AM, greyhoundp said:

If Barry Bishop makes that Curry down at the IOW then there is nowt wrong with it, its the best curry i have ever tasted at a Speedway Track, indeed its almost worth the journey for the curry alone ;), I would go so far as to say it puts a lot of well known Takeaway establishments to shame.

I absolutely do make that curry for our specials... we have a team of us... I do the Curry, Jane does the sausage casserole and Chilli, and Sandra will be adding thick soups to our non summer time menu  :)

Really glad you like it  - thank you.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jenga said:

have you not made your mind up yet as to what team to support from a distance ?   will it be a Brexit decision and be made at the last hurdle or will it be made at the end of the 2019 season . just that its dragging on a bit and time is short to the start of the new season . maybe Brexit will be decided before you do . but good lick with her final outcome . LOL :o

Indeed, thanks all for your replies, I am going to decide on Redcar. Looks like a tidy team with potential, and the fact that the've got Ben Barker riding for them, someone i've always wanted to see at Lakeside. A shout-out to to Alfie Bowtell for the season, been great to watch his progress, the last couple of years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barrybishop said:

I absolutely do make that curry for our specials... we have a team of us... I do the Curry, Jane does the sausage casserole and Chilli, and Sandra will be adding thick soups to our non summer time menu  :)

The chicken bazza

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jenga said:

should have been @ workington for the 3 semis and the 3 finals . those meetings will take some beating for entertainment  excitement (for Worky fans only);)

i think it was exciting for the scunny fans in the home leg . but not the away one :party:

11 hours ago, DitchLev said:

Indeed, thanks all for your replies, I am going to decide on Redcar. Looks like a tidy team with potential, and the fact that the've got Ben Barker riding for them, someone i've always wanted to see at Lakeside. A shout-out to to Alfie Bowtell for the season, been great to watch his progress, the last couple of years.

An excellent choice - and if you would like to pay a visit to watch "your" team you will receive a very warm welcome

21 hours ago, DitchLev said:

Get there early for some Pie  & Peas . Make sure you advise when you are coming,  

I am sure that we can get you in the new viewing stand for a treat ,,,

Make a day of it Riverside tour or down to the seaside at Saltburn for fish & chips near the pier . 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:15 AM, barrybishop said:

makes a refreshing change that it's not a speedway club in the soup .

On 3/14/2019 at 1:24 AM, jenga said:

should have been @ workington for the 3 semis and the 3 finals . those meetings will take some beating for entertainment .

Workington have a great race track never seen a poor meeting there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1