British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DitchLev

Sell me your team to Support

Okay people, with the demise of my beloved Hackney and Arena/Lakeside, to support over the last 50 years. I want to follow a Championship team with the same passion and interest. Let me know why I should support your team, and I'll make my decision by the end of February. Happy New Season folks and enjoy your Speedway.

Berwick for the entertaining threads, in fighting, multiple usernames users and all other matter of shenanigans. 

• Sad 1

Scunny... awesome racing week in week out, great friendly people and the best food in British Speedway at very reasonable prices

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has to be Eastbourne....just look at the website...there's still a huge amount to come on there, the club says, including an online merchandise store. So professional.

• Thanks 1

Birmingham - in Dave Mason and Laurence Rogers 2 guys who want to provide entertainment and to improve their Club.

Based on where you live however, I would say Eastbourne, been so impressed with all they have tried to do this winter, as the previous Poster said, their new website and link with Speedway Portal sets the bar higher than anyone apart from possibly Glasgow and their social media. 

I think if I lived down there I would certainly give them a try but try Brummies first!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HGould said:

Birmingham - in Dave Mason and Laurence Rogers 2 guys who want to provide entertainment and to improve their Club.

Based on where you live however, I would say Eastbourne, been so impressed with all they have tried to do this winter, as the previous Poster said, their new website and link with Speedway Portal sets the bar higher than anyone apart from possibly Glasgow and their social media. 

I think if I lived down there I would certainly give them a try but try Brummies first!

All great replies so far, super to see positives from fans nationwide. I'm not in a position to follow a team in person, but will follow and support on all social media, so you "Northern Teams" speak to me!

We will fly you up first class, greet you with the massed pipes and drums. Lay on a lavish champagne reception followed by the finest Scotch pies known to man. We will provide you with a golden throne to pass aforementioned Scotch pies and after the finest Speedway in the Championship tuck you up with a beautiful single malt and a cheeky wee shortbread. Just stay away from the hotel fire alarm. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Glasgow , we have a fab stadium , a team that interacts with fans, a superb promotion, top social media input and Glasgow fans get on with everyone. (Well almost everyone, we do have a bit of banter with the smugs )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pity it has to be Championship, because in recommending a club it would simply have to be Isle of Wight. 

None other even comes close. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Pity it has to be Championship, because in recommending a club it would simply have to be Isle of Wight. 

None other even comes close. 

Yes, it is Championship. Otherwise I might have said King's Lynn :)

8 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Yes, it is Championship. Otherwise I might have said King's Lynn :)

No, you wouldn't :D

• Haha 1

if you are looking to buy one , give Laura Morgan a ring @ workington .lol.

Redcar are a team thats worth supporting . always put a good side together .

sold to the man with the white stick !

Sorry, they're all wrong! It has to be Sheffield. Great knowledgeable supporters and a team which, along with Belle Vue, is the longest established in the UK. 

Owlerton has the best viewing facilities available to any team in the country, currently being further developed with the addition of a banqueting suite to open later this summer. The only venue where you can enjoy a silver-service carvery whilst watching the speedway.

The track is the fastest in the country and Ricky Ashworth is still the fastest man in British speedway with his record of 59.1 seconds around the 361metre track, achieved on 15th October 2010 (giving him an unmatched average speed of 54.66mph over 4 laps).

The real clincher for any speedway fan is that Sheffield is at the very geographical epicentre of UK speedway, being equidistant from the furthest-flung speedway outposts. Plot 'em out on a map if you don't believe me!

• Thanks 1