British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BORDERNAPOLIS 2019 (Berwick, March 30th)

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Bellego would be cracking?! Rode in Sheffield’s individual!

Aye, and his Berwick connections would have made him a logical invitation.   Except he had already accepted Belle Vue's booking for the same night.

3 hours ago, Uluru said:

I'd be hoping the promotion there will invite Josh McDonald to ride, even if only to give him a showcase to let others see him.     He's over there with Tyron Proctor, he will be going to the meeting.    It would be interesting to him stack up against men who have team places elsewhere.

I think Josh McDonald is in the line up for Saturday along with Matty Wethers, Luke Ruddick, Kyle Bickley, Theo Pijper, Justin Sedgeman, Nico Covatti, Ty Proctor, Danny Ayres, James sargeat, Jacob Bukhave plus the Berwick seven. 

Edited by screm

2 hours ago, screm said:

I think Josh McDonald is in the line up for Saturday along with Matty Wethers, Luke Ruddick, Kyle Bickley, Theo Pijper, Justin Sedgeman, Nico Covatti, Ty Proctor, Danny Ayres, James sargeat, Jacob Bukhave plus the Berwick seven. 

If Sarjeant is in the line I hope they've a couple of spare sets of starting tapes   :D

Edited by DSC67

13 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

If Sarjeant us in the line I hope they've a couple of spare sets of starting tapes   :D

At least 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

If Sarjeant us in the line I hope they've a couple of spare sets of starting tapes   :D

Just put him on 15 yards for all his rides and save the cost of new tapes and the time spent after they are broken. 

If he gets a 15 point maximum he really will have proved himself! 

1 hour ago, JCookie said:

Christ, no thanks. £17 to watch that?

If it's run on the original handicap formula and If the track is any good for racing and If the riders don't just use the night for faffing about with different setups at the start of the season then it could be ok but that's a hell of a lot of Ifs especially on a cold night

• Like 1

20 hours ago, alang said:

If it's run on the original handicap formula and If the track is any good for racing and If the riders don't just use the night for faffing about with different setups at the start of the season then it could be ok but that's a hell of a lot of Ifs especially on a cold night

To be honest I would expect most of the riders to do just that and treat Saturday`s meeting as competitive practice, and to be honest I dont blame them.

Plenty moaning going on here already, gonna be a long season for some of you and it's not even started yet!

• Like 1

Individual meetings to start the season are basically blowing off the cobwebs.

For me do away with the league cup and start the season with regional 4tt i can but dream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Individual meetings to start the season are basically blowing off the cobwebs.

For me do away with the league cup and start the season with regional 4tt i can but dream.

I would disagree.  Meetings like testimonials, or even the BenFund are like that for riders, yes.

But meetings like Sheffield's opener, the Belle Vue thing this Saturday and yes, the Bordernapolis are earners -- and no professional, self-employed rider is going to go out and mess about if it means he's passing up good money.

Seven races at Berwick will mean up to something like £1K for the big scorers.     You can blow off a lot of cobwebs with a grand!

wot a load of crap for £17 or even free for season tickets

10 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I would disagree.  Meetings like testimonials, or even the BenFund are like that for riders, yes.

But meetings like Sheffield's opener, the Belle Vue thing this Saturday and yes, the Bordernapolis are earners -- and no professional, self-employed rider is going to go out and mess about if it means he's passing up good money.

Seven races at Berwick will mean up to something like £1K for the big scorers.     You can blow off a lot of cobwebs with a grand!

Individual meetings just don't do it for me but it is all about opinions, and I get what you are saying about the financial rewards , I just get the impression riders use these events as a tinkering exercise.  

• Like 1