British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BORDERNAPOLIS 2019 (Berwick, March 30th)

18 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I would disagree.  Meetings like testimonials, or even the BenFund are like that for riders, yes.

But meetings like Sheffield's opener, the Belle Vue thing this Saturday and yes, the Bordernapolis are earners -- and no professional, self-employed rider is going to go out and mess about if it means he's passing up good money.

Seven races at Berwick will mean up to something like £1K for the big scorers.     You can blow off a lot of cobwebs with a grand!

That Belle Vue thing is the Peter Craven Memorial meeting, and if its true that a rider can make upwards of £1000 on Saturday then its just plain crazy. The club brought this meeting forward to be the first meeting to give the riders some competitive practice and let them get up to speed before the league racing starts.

3 hours ago, screm said:

Over the last few days spring has very much sprung in Berwick, and the forecast for tomorrow looks promising to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655819

mmmmmmmm crap line up not worth£17 of any bodys money  so  after 52years I will not be there

4 minutes ago, bjcol said:

mmmmmmmm crap line up not worth£17 of any bodys money  so  after 52years I will not be there

Happy Friday everybody :approve:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, screm said:

Happy Friday everybody :approve:

money bags talk mmmmmmmmm

52 minutes ago, bjcol said:

It's not £17 if you're a season ticket holder 

Sedgman now riding at Belle Vue according to their website 

7 hours ago, Normski said:

Sedgman now riding at Belle Vue according to their website 

I thought if you accepted a booking for a meeting you couldn't race elsewhere? 

2 hours ago, DSC67 said:

If he had accepted to ride at berwick belle vue should have known that and should not have asked him to ride, i think he should be at berwick or banned from belle vue 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Maybe he can afford to turn his back on seven rides and up to £1000, and would rather be at Belle Vue.:blink:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

If he had accepted to ride at berwick belle vue should have known that and should not have asked him to ride, i think he should be at berwick or banned from belle vue 

That was my understanding of the rule , I'm sure hat Berwick can register a  complaint and get him banned if they want to 

• Like 1

wel the weather has changed hope they have the covers down mmmmmmmm

21 hours ago, DSC67 said:

It's not £17 if you're a season ticket holder 

not every body like you can afford a season pass

Good first meeting, for an individual. Track was nice and smooth, with a bit of dirt round the banking after a few races. Inside line got used to good effect on the third / fourth bends early on. Some impressive rides by Doolan, Spud, Leon and Coty at different times in the meeting. Theo Pijper surely won't take long to get a team spot somewhere. Jye did really well to stay on after his coming together with Nico Covatti, looked destined for the safety fence. 

Likes the new system with the season pass, no queueing, straight in. Meeting went at a decent pace. Only down side was the injury to Danny Ayres.

It's good to be back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bjcol said:

not every body like you can afford a season pass

Save your pennies up and maybe you'll have enough for next season