British Speedway Forum
Boothers

Ben Barker Testimonial (Redcar 23/03/2019 15:00)

Very  big crowd there today was some of the best racing for a testimonial I have seen for a long time the track was perfect great first meeting for the year 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, jenga said:

not when you work Saturdays and have family commitments . 7pm would have been better for a good few folk .

great . every one is a football supporter and dont have normal lives . 

but i am sure Ben would have had more fans if it was an evening meeting or even a Sunday slot .

Jenga, would think one of the reasons my self and around another 100 or so comets fans traveled to support Ben was that it was on Saturday afternoon, same goes for other fans who traveled, and could get home at a decent time

• Like 2

Comets fans really turned up in numbers , probably more than a Workington league meeting.!!

53 minutes ago, Neila said:

Jenga, would think one of the reasons my self and around another 100 or so comets fans traveled to support Ben was that it was on Saturday afternoon, same goes for other fans who traveled, and could get home at a decent time

and for some the timing was not great . we were discussing it about a week before but the 3 pm start time was no good for us . hope you had a good day out, shame about BWD not riding . but thats the way it goes .

14 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

No injuries, weather good. , Speedway is back ...

One of the Juniors got a bit knocked about by the looks of it, but, thankfully, nothing serious.

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

One of the Juniors got a bit knocked about by the looks of it, but, thankfully, nothing serious.

Mickie has posted that all ok after his crash bit beat up but nothing broken except bike helmet and kevlars.