British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Torben Olsen leaves BSI/IMG speedway for Rallycross

Interesting article in this weeks Star with the information that Torben Olsen is moving across  to the IMG rallycross series, which is very much what Paul Bellamy did in 2015. Reading the article it appears that Paul has been promoted ? and now is overseeing the Speedway division as well as the Rallycross. Wonder who is in the frame to replace Torben as Managing Director Speedway.

Edited by racers and royals

PAUL Bellamy replaced Rob Armstrong (who initiated the purchase of the SGP/SWC commercial rights from John Postlethwaite) as Senior Vice President of motorsports at IMG when Rob left some time ago. Torben then took over as Managing Director of BSI Speedway. Paul remained as Torben's boss while holding the reins of the World Rallycross series.

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Interesting article in this weeks Star with the information that Torben Olsen is moving across  to the IMG rallycross series, which is very much what Paul Bellamy did in 2015. Reading the article it appears that Paul has been promoted ? and now is overseeing the Speedway division as well as the Rallycross. Wonder who is in the frame to replace Torben as Managing Director Speedway.

The position was open for applications a few weeks back. Included negotiating all the deals with tracks and promoters and so on. I didn't apply.:blink::D

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

The position was open for applications a few weeks back. Included negotiating all the deals with tracks and promoters and so on. I didn't apply.:blink::D

Overqualified  :)

Just now, racers and royals said:

Overqualified  :)

You're correct 100 %. And it was a fair bit of travel involved, not my thing for the next few years.

Just that I'm overqualified on the speedway side. But it would probably be better for the next MDS who's gonna re-negotiate the deals with the Polish cities and make it happen in Australia to not no bugger all about the situation... :lol:

5 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PAUL Bellamy replaced Rob Armstrong (who initiated the purchase of the SGP/SWC commercial rights from John Postlethwaite) as Senior Vice President of motorsports at IMG when Rob left some time ago. Torben then took over as Managing Director of BSI Speedway. Paul remained as Torben's boss while holding the reins of the World Rallycross series.

I cannot find anything to say Rob Armstrong has left IMG  ? - Paul Bellamy replaced Martin Anayi when Bellamy  joined Rallycross reporting to Armstrong.

8 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I cannot find anything to say Rob Armstrong has left IMG  ? - Paul Bellamy replaced Martin Anayi when Bellamy  joined Rallycross reporting to Armstrong.

ROB left about two years ago. Now has his own consultancy business and has recently been joined by Nicola Sands, former Media Manager at BSI.

8 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

ROB left about two years ago. Now has his own consultancy business and has recently been joined by Nicola Sands, former Media Manager at BSI.

Thanks - IMG kept it quiet !

On 3/8/2019 at 11:58 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

Tow really decent people..wish them both well...similarly to Paul and Torben whom I know from personal experience worked long hard hours,

and given the sport great service.