British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sings4Speedway

2019 Dev League Regs

Question (and i know there are always many of these once the Regs are released)

21.3.2 c) have not completed more than 2 full seasons in the NDL

What is classed as a "full" season? 

Is the definition of "more than" measured in seasons or matches? e.g rider completes 2 "full" seasons plus 3 additional matches. 

As ever the regs are patchy and left wide open to abuse. It used to be 50 NL matches which was a much clearer definition of when riders are no longer eligible. 

It is as it reads ...if a rider has had two FULL seasons in the NL then he / she is not eligible . So named in a NL side and ridden for 2 seasons in that league then they cannot be used in the M+SDL . 

12 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

It is as it reads ...if a rider has had two FULL seasons in the NL then he / she is not eligible . So named in a NL side and ridden for 2 seasons in that league then they cannot be used in the M+SDL . 

Thats where it gets a bit flakey but its how i read it (i think) so Jamie Cousins who has had 2 full seasons in the NL is currently eligible but if he gets a team place he won't be?

Adam Shepard can do this year but if he holds down his place at Plymouth all year he won't be eligible next year? 

Surely the old rule of 50 meetings regardless of seasons made more sense? 

On 3/14/2019 at 8:13 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Thats where it gets a bit flakey but its how i read it (i think) so Jamie Cousins who has had 2 full seasons in the NL is currently eligible but if he gets a team place he won't be?

Adam Shepard can do this year but if he holds down his place at Plymouth all year he won't be eligible next year? 

sounds like somebody is making rules up to suit themselves ,or more to the point  to not suit somebody else ,,

7 minutes ago, adonis said:

sounds like somebody is making rules up to suit themselves ,or more to the point  to not suit somebody else ,,

Thats the point. Even in a relatively simple league with simple rules nobody can write down anything concrete. Its always just flakey stuff that gets abused and exploited.

On 3/14/2019 at 8:13 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

far too simple . are you forgetting this is speedway we are talking about .  some people  will  take every opportunity  to cheat  or  use their position  for spite , even when they have moved on having used the league as a stepping stone .

• Like 1