British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska promotion/relegation play-offs Sunday October 13th live on TV

Just now, racers and royals said:

Nicki Pedersen at his worst in heat 13- if i was Dudek i would be right pi$$ed off with him !!!!

he did kill his speed but then messed up himself

Nicki as single minded as ever...:D

Great match.  Kubera at reserve the match winner for me.  Big player for World Under 21 now he's back to full fitness.

Table after today`s matches- all teams ridden 9 out of 14

! Leszno W 8 D 1 L 0 B 2 pts 19 + 96

2 Wroclaw W 6 D 0 L 3 B 2 pts 14  + 40

3 Zielona Gora W 5 D 0 L 4 B 0 pts 10 + 16

4 Grudziadz W 4 D 1 L 4 B 1 pts 10 + 11

5Czestochowa W 4 D 0 L 5 B 1 pts 9 - 28

6 Gorzow W 4 D 0 L 5 B 0 pts 8 - 12

7 Lublin W 3 D 0 L 6 B 1 pts 7 - 30

8 Torun W 1 D 0 L 8 B 1 pts 3 - 93 

We move on to next weekend- 6 meetings to enjoy .- all UK times

Friday June 28th Leszno v Czestochowa Eleven Sport 1 programme starts 4.45pm 1st race 5pm

Friday June 28th Torun v Grudziadz Eleven Sport 1 programme starts 7.15pm 1st race 7.30pm

Saturday June 29th Gniezno v Tarnow Eleven Sport 1 programme starts  4pm 1st race 4.15pm

Sunday June 30th Gdansk v Daugavpils Eleven Sport 2 programme starts 1.15pm 1st race 1.30 pm

Sunday June 30th Wroclaw v Gorzow N sport programme starts 2.45pm 1st race 3.15pm

Sunday June 30th Lublin v Zielona Gora N Sport Programme starts 5.30pm 1st race 6pm

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

Just seen results, there really does seem no stopping Leszno.  Wroclaw doing better than expected without Woffinden.

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It should have been seen before the season started that you didn`t have any fire power at reserve- other teams were in the same boat but signed the best reserves out of last seasons Nice Polska and div 2 leagues. The other thing that shouldn`t be under estimated is that Torun is such a fair track that opposition riders love to ride- there is no home advantage at all !!

You're right about the track, but past attempts to do something to surprise the away teams failed miserably. We even changed a bit of track geometry in 2017 and it didn't do nothing.

If we changed the track drastically it'd take some time to adjust for our riders and we didn't have that comfort since we were struggling with staying in the league. Anyway, we'll raise Nice League standards with our stadium! :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Extraleague say 13000 at both Wroclaw and Zielona Gora

Great crowds.

What is the admission price for Polish Speedway roughly in English money?

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Great crowds.

What is the admission price for Polish Speedway roughly in English money?

Roughly i would say between £5 and £20- for the dearest seats

On 6/23/2019 at 1:25 PM, gingerbread said:

I'm from Torun and it's really sad news. We've never been relegated since we joined Extraleague  in 1976.

We 100% deserve it, it already would have happened back in 2017 if not for Grigorij Laguta's suspension after using doping.

Hopefully something will change now, with management and youth training. It'll be sad to part with Jason Doyle, who has phenomenal season this year. Anyway, hopefully we'll be back in a couple of years since finances are really stable!

Sad news for you. Hopefully it might kick start a revolution!

The team is all wrong if you ask me. Doyle Senior and NKI cant regularly provide the big scores and aren't going to get any better. They dont have enough quality Poles for the home team to get behind. Holta on paper looked like a great signing as he was on fire at Czestowchowa in 2017 but following his injury he looks completely done. Jack Holder I feel slightly sorry for. He's only a young lad really and he has a lot of pressure to make the rides. Put him in another team and I am sure he would flourish

Lublin are just going from strength to strength. Michelson is a proper heat leader and G Laguta seems to have come back from his ban better than ever. Rest of the team are all just dogs who don't give an inch.. even AJ seems to be showing plenty of aggression!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Roughly i would say between £5 and £20- for the dearest seats

I was expecting alot more - remarkable when you compare that to what British speedway charges and offers up in comparison.

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

I was expecting alot more - remarkable when you compare that to what British speedway charges and offers up in comparison.

I haven`t been over to Poland for a while so it is a bit of a guesstimate- i did try and check but you have to register with the clubs to buy tickets and check prices. hopefully others who regularly go will be able to be more accurate on what they paid. A friend of mine did Bydgoszcz last Thursday, Grudziadz last friday, Gniezno Saturday and Poznan Sunday. I do like the fact that so many families turn up- kids from a young age enjoying the matches- also loads of fans in the 18-30 bracket as well- male and female in equal numbers.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

I haven`t been over to Poland for a while so it is a bit of a guesstimate- i did try and check but you have to register with the clubs to buy tickets and check prices. hopefully others who regularly go will be able to be more accurate on what they paid. A friend of mine did Bydgoszcz last Thursday, Grudziadz last friday, Gniezno Saturday and Poznan Sunday. I do like the fact that so many families turn up- kids from a young age enjoying the matches- also loads of fans in the 18-30 bracket as well- male and female in equal numbers.

Yeah absolutely - From the matches I've watched I certainly haven't seen many 70 year old with speedway badges on his hat waving his programme board around. Much more of a football type atmosphere which only adds to the spectacle.