British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska promotion/relegation play-offs Sunday October 13th live on TV

With the Polish leagues shutting down for most of July, we just have a Nice Polska match next Sunday

Rybnik  v Gniezno Polsat Sport programme starts 1.25pm UK time 1st race 1.30pm UK time

With the business end of the season fast approaching this is the table after today- all ridden 10- 4 to go

1 Leszno pts 22

2 Wroclaw pts 17

3 Zielona Gora pts 13

4 Grudziadz pts 13

5 Czestochowa pts 9

6 Gorzow pts 8

7 lublin pts 7

8 Torun pts 3

Nice Polska table after today- they ride 12 matches in regular season

1 Rybnik P 10 pts 17

2 Gniezno P 9 pts 15

3 Tarnow P 9 pts 14

4 Gdansk P 10 pts 10

5 Ostrow P 9 pts 10

6 Daugavpils P 11 pts 8

7 lodz P 10 pts 7

Thinking about it i`m not sure if anyone will get automatically relegated to Div 2 as there are only 7 clubs. Maybe 1 will be promoted from Div 2 automatically and then bottom of Nice Polska will ride against 2nd in Div2 in Prom/Releg match(that`s if the div 2 team(s) want to go into a higher league)

Edited by racers and royals

Div 2 table after today- each ride 12 matches in regular season

1 Poznan P 10 pts 22

2 Bydgoszcz P 9 pts 18

3 Opole P 7 pts 12

4 Krosno P 10 pts 8

5 Pila P 9 pts 7

6 Rawicz P 8 pts 3

7 Krakow P 7 pts 0

I like the fact Poznan are Power Ducks :rofl:

Any meetings in Poland (or drivable from Bydgoszcz area)) on 03/08?

7 hours ago, Col said:

I like the fact Poznan are Power Ducks :rofl:

Any meetings in Poland (or drivable from Bydgoszcz area)) on 03/08?

3rd of August is the date of the SGP in Wrocław. Nothing else is scheduled to be run that day, as far as I know.

OK thanks.

15 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Nice Polska table after today- they ride 12 matches in regular season

1 Rybnik P 10 pts 17

2 Gniezno P 9 pts 15

3 Tarnow P 9 pts 14

4 Gdansk P 10 pts 10

5 Ostrow P 9 pts 10

6 Daugavpils P 11 pts 8

7 lodz P 10 pts 7

Thinking about it i`m not sure if anyone will get automatically relegated to Div 2 as there are only 7 clubs. Maybe 1 will be promoted from Div 2 automatically and then bottom of Nice Polska will ride against 2nd in Div2 in Prom/Releg match(that`s if the div 2 team(s) want to go into a higher league)

Correct, no automatic relegation, bottom of Nice will ride against Div 2 runner-up.

Round 11 TV timings announced today- all UK times

Friday July 26th Leszno v Lublin Eleven Sport 1 start time 5pm

Friday July 26th Czestochowa v Torun Eleven Sport 1 start time 7.30pm

Sunday July 28th Wroclaw v Grudziadz N Sport start time 3.45pm

Sunday July 28th Zielona Gora v Gorzow N Sport start time 6.30pm

On 6/29/2019 at 11:41 AM, racers and royals said:

Have you ever tried getting a pint at Perry Barr for £3.50 lol

I didn't say it had to be in the stadium... Half a mile up the road there's a pub serving beer at £3.50.

On 6/29/2019 at 3:17 PM, tarkens said:

7-8 zlotys? almost impossible if you want a pint in a bigger city (Warsaw, Gdansk, Wroclaw, etc.), unless you're happy to drink a Polish equivalent of Carling/Fosters :)

8 Zlotys a pint is VERY findable, and for all the usual brands, Tyskie, Lech etc. Even in the town centres of places like Wroclaw Poznan and Torun, the three most recent big towns I've been to.

On 6/29/2019 at 3:48 PM, Col said:

I'm pretty sure you couldn't get a pint for £3.50 in London, Birmingham or Manchester :) outside of a big city £3.50 is about right.

All you are doing by pushing the price up is to prove my point even more. Suppose it's £4.50 a pint, then you are comparing UK speedway admission at the equivilent of 4 pints to Polish speedway admission at 6-8 pints. It makes UK speedway even more reasonable in comparison. Which has the implication that if it can't draw the same crowds in, that it's so much worse value for money than what the Poles get.

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

I didn't say it had to be in the stadium... Half a mile up the road there's a pub serving beer at £3.50.

8 Zlotys a pint is VERY findable, and for all the usual brands, Tyskie, Lech etc. Even in the town centres of places like Wroclaw Poznan and Torun, the three most recent big towns I've been to.

All you are doing by pushing the price up is to prove my point even more. Suppose it's £4.50 a pint, then you are comparing UK speedway admission at the equivilent of 4 pints to Polish speedway admission at 6-8 pints. It makes UK speedway even more reasonable in comparison. Which has the implication that if it can't draw the same crowds in, that it's so much worse value for money than what the Poles get.

A friend's son went on a trip with his wife to Gdansk.  They were drinking in a 24 hour bar at 5 zloys a half litre.  

I`m surprised that the Polish league authorities haven`t done something about Wanda Krakow- i know it`s not great when a  track goes  - like Rzeszow but Krakow just haven`t a team. No points all season and now getting well stuffed at home to Opole today.

Edit pathetic !!! Krakow 20 Opole 70    1 3-3 3 2-4 11 1-5

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I`m surprised that the Polish league authorities haven`t done something about Wanda Krakow- i know it`s not great when a  track goes  - like Rzeszow but Krakow just haven`t a team. No points all season and now getting well stuffed at home to Opole today.

Edit pathetic !!! Krakow 20 Opole 70    1 3-3 3 2-4 11 1-5

Cant see how they can possibly last much longer. I heard weeks ago that no one was being paid.