Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska promotion/relegation play-offs Sunday October 13th live on TV

Is it my imagination or did Lublin just do the equivalent of a professional foul in football? Holders and Doyle are miles ahead in ht 15, and suddenly Laguta inadvertently gets in Michelsen’s way, but not enough for him to fall. He causes the race to stop though.

Rerun and Michelsen wins. Something stinks IMHO, very poor when they’d won anyway!!

• Like 1

Just now, Losthammer said:

Is it my imagination or did Lublin just do the equivalent of a professional foul in football? Holders and Doyle are miles ahead in ht 15, and suddenly Laguta inadvertently gets in Michelsen’s way, but not enough for him to fall. He causes the race to stop though.

Rerun and Michelsen wins. Something stinks IMHO, very poor when they’d won anyway!!

Have another look at it- Laguta lifted and lost control- no way was it on purpose.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Have another look at it- Laguta lifted and lost control- no way was it on purpose.

Yes that’s true and yes I’m probably being unfair, but my main point is that there was no need for the race to be stopped, Michelsen didn’t fall and it wouldn’t have made any difference to the race result.

By getting it rerun they got the chance for Michelsen to win

2 minutes ago, Losthammer said:

Yes that’s true and yes I’m probably being unfair, but my main point is that there was no need for the race to be stopped, Michelsen didn’t fall and it wouldn’t have made any difference to the race result.

By getting it rerun they got the chance for Michelsen to win

Trouble is the ref saw it as unfair riding  irrespective of helmet cover- he couldn`t declare it under Polish rules so it had to be rerun.

• Thanks 1

Torun look nailed on for bottom but 2nd bottom will be really tight.

Hopefully the accidental world-champion Holder (along with his unintelligent and disrespectful brother) will move abroad now

Edited by Falubaz

Haven't watched but seen resilt. That is Torun relegated, Lublin v Gorzow for the race to avoid the relegation playoff.

big congratulations to the majority of posters who completely ignored the troll on this thread.    Ignore and they will soon go away.

• Like 1

Berntzon always worth watching...

Gala has impressed too...

The '2nd Division' in Poland is certainly a very high standard..

41 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Berntzon always worth watching...

Gala has impressed too...

The '2nd Division' in Poland is certainly a very high standard..

I enjoyed the meeting with a few all action heats.   Lodz maybe a little unlucky as they would have built a good early lead but for a bike packing up when on a 5-1.    Lodz could get relegated which would be a huge surprise.

On 6/21/2019 at 11:48 PM, Mark said:

big congratulations to the majority of posters who completely ignored the troll on this thread.    Ignore and they will soon go away.

I was tempted!

Shame that after some amazing speedway races that's what some people want to bring to the table.